Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG11] Speed no run with D800/P17 and itc-5
10-31-18, 02:22 PM (This post was last modified: 11-01-18 10:05 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[DG11] Speed no run with D800/P17 and itc-5
I have a I70s, with d800/p17 transducer and itc-5. Has one year, and never went ok but last month, sometimes run and other 0,0. The transducer it´s clean and free, last times when i sail at 5 knots, i can see 0,1 or 0,3 in the velocity, over time i can see to 3 or 4 knots, and last times was in 0,0
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-06-18, 06:12 AM (This post was last modified: 11-20-18 06:31 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [DG11] Speed no run with D800/P17 and itc-5
Hi Atica,

Thank you for your enquiry.

We would first recommend testing the speed transducer, please see here for test details , if the transducer is faulty, then please replace it.

If the transducer tests correctly, all the connections are secure in the itc-5, then check the LED in the itc-5 next to the speed connections, it should be constantly lit.

If it is flashing or unlit, then the itc-5 is faulty and will need to be replaced
Thanks
Derek
11-07-18, 02:57 AM
Hello Derek,

thank you for your answer.

I tested the speed transducer and it´s OK, and the green light in the itc-5 it´s alwais on.
are there some probe for know if the itc-5 run well?
11-07-18, 10:14 AM
Hi Atica
Thanks for the feedback,

The results suggest the Transducer is communicating fine, if you remove the transducer from the hull fitting and spin it, does the speed react immediately and show a more realistic response?
If yes, then the issue is more to do with the hull fitting, maybe the transducer insert is not seating down properly and so is not in a good flow of water or there is some disturbance effecting the water flow across the paddlewheel? Possibly even a fault with the transducer where it is not reacting to the spinning paddlewheel?

It sounds more like the issue is with the Hull transducer than it is with the itc-5.

Regards
Derek
11-07-18, 11:35 AM
Hello DereK,

the speed it´s alwais 0.0 two weeks ago, when it´s in water and out of water, i do the testing of speed transducer out of water, everithing it´s ok, i connect the green cable and move the spin and the speed it´s 0.0.

Regards
11-08-18, 08:58 AM
Hi Atica,

It really sounds like the transducer is faulty, I suggest to get a local agent to test the transducer and replace it.
Regards
Derek
11-08-18, 01:02 PM
Hello Derek,

thank you for your patience.

I put the transducer on water I go to see diving, was perfect on the hull, i move it with my hand but read 0.0, and my surprise was that when the transducer it´s on water the light green of itc-5 is intermitent in the speed. The depth it´s runing well and the light it´s alwais green.

The i70 read 0.0, the boat are moving and the light of itc-5 it´s intermitent. When transducer are on water and the depth it´s runnig.

where do you think it´s the problem?, transducer or itc-5.

Thank you

Regards

Alejandro
11-09-18, 07:16 AM
HI Atica,

Based on your feedback, I believe the fault is the transducer and it should be replaced.
Regards

Derek
04-01-19, 02:23 PM
Hello, I have a tridata, itc-5 and i70s.
I have good reading of wind, temp, and depth... but no speed (I only receive a 0.0 reading)
I checked the itc-5 and green light is constantly lit on.
I testes the ITC-5 with another speed sensor and it gave a correct reading (so ITC-5 is working fine)

Took the sensor out from the hull and speened the wheel with same reading 0.0

Sporadically, If I reset the unit (disconecting it or turning on/ off all instruments) I receive a wrong reading, speed jumps from 3knots to 20something knots, and all of a sudden turns to 0.0 again)... I have a sailboat.

I updated the software... and still have the same result.. only reading received is 0.0

Can you tell me how to proceed.
Best regards
Francisco
04-01-19, 04:22 PM
Hello, I have an i70s, bidata and wind sensor, and ITC-5.
Wind, temp and depth readings are ok, but not speed (the only reading received is 0.0)

I checked ITC-5, and green light is constantly lit on.
I checked ITC-5 with another speed sensor and reading was ok.

I took sensor out off hull, the wheel has no obstruction, then spinned the wheel and still receive 0.0 reading.
In an official dealer I updated the sensor´s software version.

Only twice, after receting the unit (unpluging or switching on/off all instruments) I received some wrong readings. Speed went erratically from 3 knots to more than 20 knots and then back to 0.0. (My boat is a sailboat,... so 20knots is impossible)

I checked all cables, and connectors are well connected (there is conductivity between connector´s end and calbe), and they are firmly connected to the ITC-5.

All this checks were made at the local dealer (Baron SA I live in Argentina)

This is the second time this happens to me. I never had a correct speed over water reading.
On march 2018 I bought all my electronics: MFD A97, i70s, p70s, ACU 100 with tiller type1, tridata, anemometer sensor and RMK10.
I would like to remark that all instruments work correctly, except speed sensor.
On august 2018 I finished installing all equipment, made the claim on the local dealer and the sensor was replaced with no problems.
In this opportunity I was told that they were going to send the consult to Raymarine, but as this was the second time this problem is experienced in the same sensor type, they didn´t know if the replacemente was going to be approved.

Can you please tell me how to proceed?.
Best regards.
Francisco