Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Speed display on Raymarine E15023 Smart Pilot Controller
10-31-18, 03:05 PM (This post was last modified: 10-31-18 04:03 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Speed display on Raymarine E15023 Smart Pilot Controller
Last weekend I installed a Raymarine E15023 Smart Pilot Controller. I have attached a network diagram showing how I connected the Smart Pilot into the existing network which includes a eS127 MFD, ST8001 Autopilot Controller and a S3G Autopilot Computer .

I noted the E15023 shows depth, heading and functions correctly in controlling the autopilot / direction of the boat. However it is not displaying speed. This is odd as vessel speed is correctly displaying on the MFD. Is there something I need to change or configure for it to display speed?

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-31-18, 04:05 PM
RE: [CA11] Speed display on Raymarine E15023 Smart Pilot Controller
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum hynespa,

Has the eS127 MFD been interfaced to a fishfinder transducer having a paddlewheel speed through water sensor? Has the engine system been interfaced to a speed through water sensor featuring a paddlewheel?
02-17-19, 01:14 PM (This post was last modified: 02-19-19 11:20 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks for your reply. I’d rather see SOG displayed instead of STW which I care less about. Can I have the SmartController display SOG obtained from the GPS in the eS127 MFD instead of STW being displayed via a paddle wheel or pitot tube?
02-19-19, 11:24 AM
hynespa,

The SmartController is indeed capable of displaying SOG (speed over ground) from the interfaced Raymarine system. Please refer to the How do I change page content section of the SmartController User's Guide for instructions concerning how to change the data items which are displayed on a page.