Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[CA] [CA11] Pathfinder cables?
11-01-18, 01:41 PM (This post was last modified: 11-01-18 02:17 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Pathfinder cables?
Hi I have just bought a secondhand old raytheon branded pathfinder 2kw radome (im guessing M92650-S?), to replace my broken rd218. I am waiting for it to arrive, trying to assess what other parts I might need. It will be connected to an rl70crc plus. Is the cable to connect this old radome with the rl70crc identical to that used for the rd218? (Which I already have)

Many thanks

Ryan
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-01-18, 02:16 PM (This post was last modified: 11-01-18 02:17 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Pathfinder cables?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Ryan,

Q. Is the cable to connect this old radome with the rl70crc identical to that used for the rd218?
A. Yes.
11-01-18, 09:22 PM
Thank you. As an additional query, can I use my old rd218 system's gyroplus 2, fluxgate compass and sog water data as bearing input for marpa functionality on this older radome, or did marpa only get implemented in rd218 radomes and beyond?

Many thanks
11-02-18, 08:13 AM
Yourmomm,

Stabilized 10Hz heading data source aside, access to / use of MARPA features and radar overlay features are only dependent upon having a compatible radome or open array radar interfaced to the radar display (i.e. any radome or open array radar system which is compatible with a hsb/hsb2/SL Pathfinder Series Radar Display will suffice).
11-10-18, 05:01 PM
Ok thanks for all this. One last question: I know the 4kw radome is NOT compatible with the 2kw radome cable, as it needs additional power cables, but is the opposite true? Ie, can the 4kw cable be used with a 2kw radome like the rd218, just leaving one set of its power cables disconnected? Thanks
11-11-18, 08:22 AM
Q1. I know the 4kw radome is NOT compatible with the 2kw radome cable, as it needs additional power cables, but is the opposite true?
A1. Yes.

Q2. Should I just leaving one set of its power leads disconnected?
A2. No. Use both sets of power leads.