Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Display of Theyr GRIB files in eS127 MFD
11-04-18, 01:28 AM (This post was last modified: 11-05-18 11:52 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Display of Theyr GRIB files in eS127 MFD
I just subscribed to Theyr weather through charts.raymarine.com and then attempted to download and view them using the GRIB Viewer application in Lighthouse II.

When I open the files, instead of showing the wind, temp, wave detail I was expecting it instead showed just a single (incorrect) value / color. I have attached both pictures of the display when the various GRIB files were opened.

I also attempted to attach the actual .grb files themselves to this post, but I received a message saying "The type of file that you attached is not allowed. Please remove the attachment or choose a different type"

Could you please let me know if I am doing something wrong, or if there is some other issue?

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-05-18, 12:07 PM
RE: [CA11] Display of Theyr GRIB files in eS127 MFD
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum hynespa,

Prior to your posts .grib files were not a supported attachment type within this Forum. However, this has been changed and .grib files are now supported. Please attach the problematic .grib file.
11-06-18, 05:54 PM
Hi - please find the GRIB files attached.
11-07-18, 10:57 AM
hynespa,

Whenever such issues arise, the problem may be fault isolated with respect to whether the issue is rooted within the GRIB file or within the Theyr weather app within LightHouse II / 3 software by testing the GRIB file with Theyr's free GRIBview computer application. In this case, there appear to be faults within the Wave_2018-11-04_05-04-23, Wave_2018-11-04_07-54-30, and WindTempWave_2018-11-04_05-02-28 GRIB files, while the WindWave_2018-11-04_05-01-41 appears to have no apparent issues. When such issues are observed, they should be reported to Theyr Customer Support at support@theyr.com. It would be recommended that the problematic GRIB files as well as screen snapshots be attached to such support messages which are sent to Theyr.