Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom external monitor support
11-01-18, 10:16 PM (This post was last modified: 11-02-18 01:20 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Axiom external monitor support
It does not look as if the Axiom or Axiom pro support a remote monitor, which is necessary for the way that my boat is configured. I am looking at upgrading a third party MFD connected to a large monitor in the pilothouse.

I notice that the Axiom does support a wireless connection to a monitor using a protocol called Miracast. In my configuration, it is critical that the connection between the remote chartplotter and the large monitor works. Is the Miracast wireless connection as robust as the VGA connection that I now use, or is it more intended for "nice to have" but not critical connections such as a display in the saloon for guests?

It appears that Microsoft supports a wired version of Miracast, does the Axiom?

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-02-18, 01:31 PM (This post was last modified: 11-02-18 01:31 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Axiom external monitor support
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum George,

Those seeking a wired interface are recommended to consider an Axiom XL MFD, as they feature an HDMI video output port. Axiom and Axiom Pro MFDs are limited to sharing video via Miracast and will not support a wired video path between an Axiom or Axiom Pro MFD and a TV/monitor. While most customer find the Miracast solution to be quite reliable, interference from other electronics (ex. saturated channels from nearby routers in your environment, etc.) may occur. For those seeking a 100 percent solution, then a wired video path (i.e. Axiom XL) would be recommended.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply