Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] CP300 obsolete?
12-20-18, 05:24 PM (This post was last modified: 12-21-18 08:35 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] CP300 obsolete?
I just took delivery of a new to me boat and luckily it’s running Raymarine electronics! It’s running e125’s, CP300, RD418HD. In doing my due diligence I’ve been updating softwares making sure everything works etc. I’ve updated the MFD to Lighthouse II v19 but when looking for CP300 updates I’m seeing they’re no longer offered. The unit currently has the original 3.13 software. I see where you recommend sending the unit itself in for testing/updating. My question is I’ve seen in my research that the CP300 was the sister to the DSM300 and that has me worried. Most people have been saying that Raymarine replaces their CP300 with the current CP370. Is this the case if I were to send it in? My fear is that I will end up with the same headaches I had with my DSM300, sending it back and forth nearly once per season. If I know I will be getting the current CP370 in its place then I’ll gladly send it in. If not, I’d almost rather leave well enough alone. What is your opinion on this?
Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-21-18, 09:01 AM
RE: [CA11] CP300 obsolete?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum KnotEnoughBills,

As far as the 50kHz/200kHz digital fishfinding technology that the retired DSM30, DSM300, and CP300 supported, this technology is most definitely not obsolete and continues to be supported in the latest generation of 50kHz/200kHz digital fishfinding modules, the CP370. Most of the DSM30s, DSM300s, and CP300 produced remain in use in the field, such at the DSM300 which is installed on my own vessel. Performing software updates to a CP300 proved to be a bit challenging for customers and Raymarine subsequently removed to link to download this software. Generally speaking, should the CP300 be operational, then it is recommended that it be left alone, and that its software not be updated. After years of providing service for DSM30s, DSM300s, and CP300s, Raymarine's Product Repair Centers are no longer accepting these sonar modules for service (to include bench checking and software updates). Unfortunately, should a DSM30, DSM300, or CP300 be installed onboard the vessel, should it not be operational, and should the fault be rooted within the DSM30, DSM300, or CP300, then the sonar module would need to be replaced with a CP370.
01-04-19, 02:52 AM (This post was last modified: 01-07-19 09:31 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I understand the technology isn’t obsolete, I worded that part wrong. Would the unit be replaced via Raymarine’s Repair Center or replaced via consumer? (For future reference) Being that the CP300 is operational I’ll leave it alone and cross my fingers. Thanks for the advice Chuck!
01-07-19, 09:32 AM
KnotEnoughBills,

Should the CP300 fail, then it would be replaced by the owner. A CP370 would recommended as the replacement fishfinder sounder module if seeking the same fishfinder features/performance supported by the CP300.