Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG11] Button lighting on Axiom Pro
12-03-18, 10:58 PM (This post was last modified: 12-04-18 09:49 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[DG11] Button lighting on Axiom Pro
Our two Axiom Pro mfds both share the same problem in that when the screen brightness is turned down for night time use, the buttons on the right hand side have such a low level of illumination that they cannot be seen. Can this be altered?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-04-18, 11:36 AM
RE: [DG11] Button lighting on Axiom Pro
Hi Derek,
Thank you for your feedback,

We have not had previous reports on this issue, but appreciate your feedback. There is no means of adjusting the button backlight at this time.

We have forwarded your feedback to our engineering team for their input and to be considered for future consideration.

Kind regards

Derek
12-06-18, 01:03 AM
I have the same problem on our Axiom Pro displays used in search & rescue. We frequently run at night with everything in the cabin dimmed to maintain night vision. When the displays are dimmed sufficiently, the keypad buttons are almost impossible to see. Sometimes the crew has to resort to using their cell phones to see the keypad button labels. I would much prefer to see the buttons get brighter the more the display is dimmed. I have this same problem on my own Axioms.
I seem to recall previous Raymarine MFDs that had the keypad buttons brighten as the display was dimmed. That just made sense.
12-06-18, 09:15 AM
Hi Derek,
Thankyou for the feedback, I will add this to the information sent to Engineering.

Regards
Derek
05-13-19, 01:55 AM (This post was last modified: 05-13-19 09:32 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Star RE: [DG11] Button lighting on Axiom Pro
Just checked the latest software release.
Unfortunately the keypad illumination still dims with the display and becomes impossible to see in low light conditions. The keypad needs to get BRIGHTER as the display is dimmed!
When will this problem be fixed???
05-13-19, 10:43 AM
HI Derek,

This request is still with our engineering team and product managers.

Regards
Derek
05-14-19, 05:28 PM (This post was last modified: 05-15-19 05:05 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thank you Derek for the update.

I have two axiom MFDs, an RMK-9 keypad, and an S100 Autopilot head all in the same display group to utilize the shared brightness function which is very handy. However, I also have a I70s on the dash which does not seem to have the shared brightness function in it's menu. It would be great to have all of the instruments sharing brightness. Could you mention this to the engineers as well?
Regards
Derek
05-15-19, 05:14 AM (This post was last modified: 05-15-19 05:17 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hi Derek,
Thank you for the feedback,

The i70s can already be added to a group for shared illumination,
[Image: attachment.php?aid=3007] [Image: attachment.php?aid=3008] [Image: attachment.php?aid=3009]

Thankyou

Derek

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

11-27-19, 05:24 AM (This post was last modified: 11-27-19 11:49 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I have an eS98 MFD at the inside nav station and an Axiom Pro9 in the cockpit. Both have been updated with the latest Lighthouse 3.11 software. The backlighting for the buttons has never been effective ahen the display is dimmed for night use. I need to use a red LED head light to see the controls!!! I checked the operation of the backlight on the eS98 MFD, which is below at the nav station. I could see that the brightness of the red light dimmed as the display was dimmed. Interestingly, the red light turns off when the brightness is set to maximum, which makes sense: the need for backlighting decreases as the ambient light increases. As per previous comments, the backlighting level should actually increase as the display is dimmed, or perhaps just stay at a constant level so that it is effective at night. I also checked the Axiom Pro 9 which is in the cockpit, but the ambient light level made it impossible to see if the red backlight was on. I know that the backlighting is ineffective with the display dimmed at night on my Axiom Pro. I really hope that this is correctable with a software update and is not a function of the hardware.
12-06-19, 09:46 AM
Dear chris.au,

This is currently the designed interface for the red illumination of the keypad. I will forward your feedback to the product manager who can look at this.

Many Thanks
Louise