Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Two Fuel Sensors for Axiom MFD's?
12-05-18, 04:00 PM (This post was last modified: 12-05-18 04:07 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Two Fuel Sensors for Axiom MFD's?
I currently have two Axiom 9 MFD's. I just downloaded the latest software update, which includes the fuel manager function. I followed the instructions in the manual, but I don't see how to add multiple fuel sensors. I've read on this forum that the Axiom is capable of monitoring up to 5 fuel tanks, but I don't see how.

Ideally, I'd like to have each fuel tank show up independently, with gallons remaining, on my MFD. I'd like to have 1. Current GPH, based on flow meters (one, or both combined, depending on whether I'm drawing from one or both tanks). 2. Current usage/distance (MPG for example) 3. Current gallons remaining Starboard 4. Current gallons remaining Port.

I did try the "discover devices" button. It just said device discovered, but not that it found two flow meters.

Thanks,

Mark
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-05-18, 04:30 PM (This post was last modified: 12-05-18 04:31 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Two Fuel Sensors for Axiom MFD's?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Mark,

It is certainly possible to utilize fuel flow sensors in conjunction with the MFD's Fuel Manager Feature to monitor fuel rates for each engine, total fuel consumed, total fuel remaining, and fuel economy. However, the MFD's software is not designed to report the amount of fuel remaining in each tank based upon fuel consumption. Should tank levels for each tank be desired, then it would be recommended that a NMEA 2000 tank level sensor be installed within each tank.

To monitor the above listed data items, a fuel flow sensor would need to be installed for each engine if the vessel features more than one tank. Should the vessel feature a single tank, then a single fuel flow sensor may be installed if it will support the total fuel rate required by engines. If installing more than one fuel flow sensor, then the sensors must each be assigned a unique Instance ID. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. The MFD would need to be configured with the number of engines (in this case fuel flow sensors) which have been installed. To display the port engine's fuel rate, a data cell within a panel of the Dashboard would need to be configured to display the Engine Fuel Rate Data Item (ENGINE->PORT ENGINE->ENGINE FUEL RATE). Similarly, To display the starboard engine's fuel rate, a data cell within a panel of the Dashboard would need to be configured to display the Engine Fuel Rate Data Item (ENGINE->STARBOARD ENGINE->ENGINE FUEL RATE). If the MFD's Fuel Manger has been turned ON and properly configured, then the data cells of the Dashboard may be configured to be populated with the data items listed under the Fuel data category. The latter is also dependent upon assignment of proper Instance IDs to the fuel flow sensors.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply