The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] I60 performance anomalies
12-10-18, 05:34 PM (This post was last modified: 12-11-18 05:44 AM by Louise - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] I60 performance anomalies
I recently replaced my ST 60 wind instrument with a I60 because of irregular behavior of the ST 60 including failure to report any wind speed. The wind transducer is now only 10 months old and I had checked the voltages and the connections including the mast head and found no anomalies.
My setup includes:
E7 Chart plotter
ST60+ Tridata
ST6002 Smart Pilot Controller
SR150 Receiver
Ray 55 VHF
Smart Pilot X30
HS 5 Sea Talk Network Switch
Sea TalkSTng converter
E92142 18" HD Digital Radome

When I installed the I60 I connected it to port 4 (white), previously unused, on the Sea Talk STng converter. I took the Sea Talk cable that was connected to the ST 60 wind inst. and connected it to the ST6002.

The first issue I am having is that in 10 days of operation on 4 occasions the I60 has reported no true wind data instead showing 3 dash lines. Apparent wind was reported. The issue is resolved by disconnecting the Sea Talkng Spur connection from the I60 to the Sea Talk STng converter and reconnecting it. Would putting diaelectric grease on the plug improve the connection? Having to get behind my helm station every few days is getting old fast and is a pain.

Second issue, and this happened once, the indicated true wind started increasing from the 15 to 20 kts we were experiencing over the course of about a minute to 99.9 kts and stayed there for about 4 minutes before slowly decreasing to "normal" This happened twice in the course of about 2hours two days after I installed the instrument but has not reoccurred. Needless to say this behavior of the instrument was distressing.

Any suggestions or thoughts are appreicated,
John
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] I60 performance anomalies - Keel Joy - 12-10-18 05:34 PM