Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] I60 performance anomalies
12-11-18, 12:26 PM (This post was last modified: 12-11-18 12:28 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] I60 performance anomalies
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum John,

The reported issue is not likely being caused by a physical connection issue as has been suggested, but most likely a failure of the system to identify a speed data source for the i60 Wind Instrument. Such issues may be the result of configuration settings failure, non-current software within the system's components, ground loop, incorrect system network installation, or system component failure.

Given the specified components, the MFD, i60 Wind, and SPX30 Autopilot Course Computer should each be interfaced as spurs to the system's powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone which additionally features a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter.

- With respect to binnacle network cabling, an Ethernet (RayNet) Cable and STng Backbone cable should be chased from below decks to the pod housing the MFD. The Ethernet Cable will be connected to the MFD's Ethernt (RayNet) socket. A STng T-Piece will be installed within the pod housing the MFD. The T-Piece's spur socket will be connected to the MFD's SeaTalkng Socket via an appropriate length of SeaTalkng Spur Cable. An appropriate length of SeaTalkng Backbone Cable will then be run from the remaining backbone socket of the SeaTalkng T-Piece to the instrument pod, where it will be connected to the backbone socket of the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter. A SeaTalkng Termination Plug will be inserted into the remaining backbone socket of the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter. The i60 Wind Instrument will be connected to a spur within the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter. The ST60 Tridata will be connected to the SeaTalk (yellow) socket of the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter via the SeaTalkng Converter Cable packaged with the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter. A powered SeaTalk Cable should be run from SPX 30 Autopilot Course Computer's SeaTalk port to the instrument pod (assumed location of the ST6002 Autopilot Control Head), where it will be connected to the ST6002 alone. As a best practice, it is recommended that the SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone be powered from a dedicated switched 12VDC power circuit rather than the autopilot course computer. This circuit would be connected to a SeaTalkng Power Cable, which in turn would be connected to a spur socket within the backbone.

- Verify that the backbone is powered from one (and only one source) via one spur socket.

- Verify that the backbone features two (and only two) SeaTalkng Termination plugs.

- Verify that the MFD, SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter, i60 Wind Instrument, and SPX30 have each been updated with latest available Raymarine product software update (v19.03, v2.03, v1.06, and v3.05 respectively) at the time of this response), and if not, update the software within any of these products having older software.

- Use the i60 Wind Instrument's Data Sources feature to identify the source of Speed Data within your system. Please be certain that all equipment within the system has been switched ON and permitted to complete initialization prior to using the Data Sources feature.

Should the above listed items have been addressed and should the i60 Wind Instrument continue to be intermittent in supporting True Wind data, then it would be recommended that the i60 Wind Instrument be disconnected from the ST-STng Converter's Spur Socket and that it instead be daisy chained to the ST60 Tridata instrument via an A06047 15.7in (0.4m) SeaTalk Adapter Cable or A06073 / 39.4in (1.0m) SeaTalk Adapter Cable.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] I60 performance anomalies - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 12-11-18 12:26 PM