Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Datamarine to ng conversion
12-23-18, 01:47 PM (This post was last modified: 12-24-18 08:38 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Datamarine to ng conversion
I am completing conversion of Datamarine wind depth and speed/ temp to Raymarine ng system with Raymarine AIS , radar, a125, a65, i70S x 3, iTC-5, autopilot.My Airmar in hull p76 is working fine via iTC-5. I have a new(old) 2 wire speed transducer I had kept as a spare and it will not connect to the 3 wire iTC-5 .So is there any adapter which will connect to ng or is there any speed transducer available which will fit through the old Datamarine plastic through hull: Ext diameter 2'', height 3.5"? Also is there any adapter suitable to match the Datamarine masthead unit to the ng system. We have been using it successfully for NMEA 0183 data feed to our autopilot for sailing on the wind. The wiring colors do not match up with the iTC-5. Thanks for your help.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-26-18, 10:56 AM
RE: [CA11] Datamarine to ng conversion
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Gerald,

Unfortunately, it is not possible to adapt the transducer to be interfaced to the system's SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone as you have suggested. I see a couple of ways to address adding speed data to the new system. These include:

- replacing the system's transducer with any of the following speed/temp transducers (will interface to iTC-5 which are designed to be installed within a 2" [censored]:
----- E26031 ST800/B120 Plastic Low Profile Thru-hull Speed/Temp Instrument Transducer
----- M78716 ST800/SS120 Bronze Low Profile Thru-hull Speed/Temp Instrument Transducer

- relocate the Datamarine speed instrument (ex. below decks) and interface its NMEA 0183 communications interface to a NMEA 0183 to SeaTalkng / NMEA 0183 data bridging device. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply