Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] I70s
01-01-19, 08:48 AM (This post was last modified: 01-02-19 10:30 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] I70s
Two questions.

Verifying as wind indicator I70s, does the needle point toward wind direction or direction it is going?

How to I get the display to show in color? All the Illustrations show a color readout, but mine is just 2 color. In set up I see a color setting but does nothing to display. In the manual it shows no examples to program.

Thanks
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-02-19, 11:11 AM (This post was last modified: 01-02-19 11:11 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] I70s
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Svbelle,

If the vessel is a sailing vessel, then it is recommended that the instrument's Boat Type setting be configured to one of the sailing vessel options. When properly calibrated apparent wind angle, the needle will point toward the direction relative to the head of the vessel which the wind is coming from. This graphic will show red and green sectors of a gauge showing wind angles from 0 to 180 to port or starboard. The needle of this gauge is amber in color.

When properly configured and the vessel has been equipped with speed through water, wind, heading, and GPS sources of data, the display's default set of pages will include a Ground Wind (GWD) page which appears as follows:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2526]

One may toggle through the instrument's pages by pressing the up or down arrow buttons.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply