Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Connecting RS150 GNSS to HS5 SeaTalk us Network Switch
12-24-18, 09:19 PM (This post was last modified: 12-26-18 09:33 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Connecting RS150 GNSS to HS5 SeaTalk us Network Switch
Just received my new RS150GNSS antenna but cannot connect it to my HS5 SeaTalk hs Network Switch with the gable provided. What do I have to order to make this work?

Thanks,

Bill
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-26-18, 10:23 AM
RE: [CA11] Connecting RS150 GNSS to HS5 SeaTalk us Network Switch
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Bill,

The RS150 is not designed to be interfaced / adapted to be mated to an Ethernet network. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.
01-12-19, 02:17 PM (This post was last modified: 01-13-19 10:43 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hi Chuck,

I am not network savvy, I know in one of my earlier posts you recommended that I buy the RS 150. I read the post that you sent me and basically it is all very confusing to me. So I will just tell you what I have and what I am trying to do and maybe you can point me in the right direction If possible in simple terms such as order this part and attach it to this cord lol. I have two A78’s and a HS5 SeaTalk hs, Raymarine Radar, depth finder and my reacently aquired RS150GNSS. I just noticed that the RS150 GNSS will plug into the back of the a78’s. will this work? It will not plug into the back of the HS5 SeaTalk hs. If I plug it into the back of one of the a78’s, will this work? If not what do I have to buy? Thanks again.
01-14-19, 10:45 AM (This post was last modified: 01-14-19 10:46 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Bill,

As indicated within the prior response it is not possible to adapt the Raystar 150 GPS Sensor to be interfaced to the system's Ethernet Network (ex. HS5 RayNet Network Switch, RayNet/SeaTalkhs socket of a MFD, etc.). Per the FAQ found here, it is also not possible to interface two devices having a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 communications interface directly to one another via a single spur cable. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing addressing how the Raystar 150 GPS Sensor may be interfaced to your system's Data Master a78 MFD.