Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] E7D Rotary Control Problems
12-17-18, 03:13 PM (This post was last modified: 12-17-18 04:10 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] E7D Rotary Control Problems
Our E7D rotary knob and joystick response has become choppy and erratic. Zoom levels are unpredictable, often going to fully zoomed in. The behavior can be seen when adjusting illumination.

This is unfortunate timing for us as we are in Colombia for a couple of weeks before heading for the Pacific so urgent help appreciated.

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-17-18, 04:15 PM
RE: [CA11] E7D Rotary Control Problems
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Graham,

Unfortunately, the reported problem is indicative of failure of the MFD's UniController, necessitating that the MFD be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced. As a workaround, the MFD's touchscreen may be used to control the MFD. Onscreen range controls may be used for ranging the chart in/out, adjusting radar range, and adjusting fishfinder range. Another workaround would be to add a RMK-10 Remote Keypad to the system to then permit its UniController to be used instead of the MFD's UniController.
12-24-18, 12:46 PM (This post was last modified: 12-26-18 11:18 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Ouch. That is going to be extremely difficult....

How quickly can they turn round repairs? There is a slight chance I can hand carry it to the NH facility in the new year but I would need it back the next day to be useful as I'm only going to be in NH for a few days. I went to the repair site you provided but there was little information and the options on the form did not make sense. I would like to talk to them but I could not find any contact information. Is there a number I can call?

Graham
12-26-18, 11:25 AM
Graham,

Product Repairs typically take 7-10 business days after receiving the product. Unfortunately, much of the Repair Center's staff will be out this week for the holidays. If having difficulties with the online form, then you may simply ship it to Raymarine's US Product Repair Center (Nashua, NH) with a brief note including the following information:
- your name
- your shipping address
- daytime phone number
- a brief description of the problem (you may want to include a copy of this thread).

The US Product Repair Center may be contacted at 800.539.5539 next week ... phone system will be shut down this week.