The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] i60 : no true wind, no VMG, no wind vane mode
12-31-18, 03:07 PM (This post was last modified: 01-02-19 11:16 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] i60 : no true wind, no VMG, no wind vane mode
Hello,

I have a Raymarine SeatalkNG system since 2014 that includes:

- a Raymarine ACU-400 Actuator Unit
- a Raymarine EV-1 Course Computer
- an MFD C95
- a Raymarine p70 display
- an i50 speed instrument
- an i50 depth instrument
- a wind vane anemometer i60

They are all individually and directly connected to a backbone with Spur cables, either by T's or Raymarine Seatalk 5-Way Connectors ending at both ends of the backbone with a suitable plug. None of them are one behind the other.
The backbone is powered by the AC-400.

Important : Since 2014 everything has been operating normally, including true wind, VMG and wind vane mode.

Last year, 2017, I noticed that I no longer had any true wind posted, but 3 ~~~, same thing for the VMG. It was also no longer possible to navigate in wind vane mode (no unit detected on P70). However, everything else was working, apparent wind, depth sounder, speedo (necessary for the calculation of the real wind) and automatic pilot.
I tried to change the SPUR cables, but to no avail.
I reset the i60 to factory settings, but to no avail.
I switched the instruments between them, but to no avail.

When I returned to France, I sent the i60 screen back to England (FLIR), mentioning that I no longer had a true wind display, VMG and windvane steering mode. It was returned to me at the end of September with the comment: "screen checked, everything works perfectly, no failure". It cost me something for nothing because they said that my i60 had no breakdowns and that there had been no repairs!

Back in Guatemala, two days ago, I have reassembled all my Raymarine instruments, including the i60 back from Raymarine, and at the start, always the same thing: no true wind displayed!
So I changed the head mast transducer vane for another one, but to no avail.
I checked the monitor cables in the air, but to no avail.
I have performed the recommended checks on the forum regarding the i60. The currents between the ground cable and the red, blue, green and yellow are in the ranges. Everything is OK.
I have performed the recommended checks also on the i50 speedo and everything is normal.
I switched the screens and cables again, but to no avail.
I updated the software version, but to no avail.

On the advice of a friend, I went on the C95, Set-up - Maintenance - Diagnostics - Select Device, I have all the instruments detected, except the i60 !
And in Set-up - System Settings - Data Sources - Wind, I have no source. While I have them for all the other instruments!
And the i60 comes out of an expensive inspection (no repairs).

I have read a good number of recommended FAQs, but since my system has worked very well for 3 years and I have not found anything abnormal compared to these FAQs, it seems reasonable to me to think that this problem comes from the i60 itself which no longer communicates or only partially with the other instruments.

What do you think ?

Thanks

jpiebrig
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] i60 : no true wind, no VMG, no wind vane mode - jpiebrig - 12-31-18 03:07 PM