Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Upgrades to my 2006 Four Winns
01-07-19, 04:12 PM (This post was last modified: 01-08-19 09:03 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Upgrades to my 2006 Four Winns
Q1. My proposed configuration: One Axiom Pro 9 (the "master" unit), one Axiom 9, one Quantum 2 radar. The Axiom 9 and Quantum 2 would connect directly to the Axiom Pro 9 using Raynet cables. AIS700. The existing Airmar would connect to the input side of the Axiom Pro 9 NMEA 0183 interface. The output of the Axiom Pro NMEA 0183 interface would connect to the exissting Autopilot. the GA150 would connect to the Axiom Pro 9 interface. Will this work and does it make sense?

A1. This proposed configuration will indeed work and does make sense. I tend to prefer the Raystar 150 GPS Sensor over the GA150, as the Data Master MFD need not be powered on in order for the VHF to receive GPS data. The Data Master MFD, GA150, and Ray60 would each be interfaced as spurs to a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone.

Q2. Also, will I need to add an EV-1 to get the full benefit from the Quantum 2 radar? Is there a way to get the HDG/HDT info from the existing Autopilot?
A2. Radar features will be maximized when heading data or better yet 10Hz stabilized heading data is supplied to the system. The Axiom Pro MFD features two NMEA 0183 input ports, on of which could possibly be used to receive heading data from the autopilot course computer. Depending upon the model of autopilot course computer which is currently installed onboard, heading may be provided system via NMEA 0183 or via a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter, which in turn would be installed as a component of the aforementioned SeaTalkng/NMEA 2000 backbone. What model of autopilot course computer is presently installed onboard the vessel?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Upgrades to my 2006 Four Winns - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 01-07-19 04:12 PM