Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[LW] [LW11] i40 Wind
01-05-19, 11:46 AM (This post was last modified: 01-09-19 02:03 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[LW11] i40 Wind
Hello,
We have an i40 wind connected into our SeaTalk ng backbone, which is also connected to our Evolution Autopilot and to our Axiom MFD.

We have gone through the calibration steps however our AWA, apparent wind angle, display will not stabilize on a direction. The display arrow, and displayed angle, rotates counterclockwise continually even when we are on a course steady to the wind. Our AWS, apparent wind speed, seems accurate but the AWA definitely is not. We have tried resetting the unit to factory default, the AWA display does the same thing, rotates continually counterclockwise. We have gone through the re-calibration steps again and the same thing happens. I am hoping you can help?

Thank you for your help
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-10-19, 06:01 AM
RE: [LW11] i40 Wind
Dear iloveboats,

Thank you for your query.

The rotavecta is designed for wind speed primarily and requires consistent wind for direction.

What other instruments do you have connected?
Have you carried out a full calibration including turning the boat 360'?
You say the instrument rotates counter clockwise, is this continually or in calibration mode?

The manual is available here, page 59 is for the i40 wind calibration instructions.

Many Thanks
Louise
01-15-19, 11:19 PM
Hello Louise,

Thank you for your reply.

Our Raymarine system currently consists of an I40 Wind, Evolution Autopilot, Axiom MFD, and a P79 depth transducer.

Yes we have carried out a full calibration including the 360 degree turns until the unit beeps to acknowledge completion. We have done this a couple of times, resetting to factory default setting in between calibrations in an attempt to resolve the issue.

The wind direction display rotates counter clockwise all the time (continually), not only in the calibration mode. We also have had many days of constant wind from a constant direction and it does not seem to make any difference.

Thank you for your help!
01-16-19, 07:19 AM
HI iloveboats

Thank you for your feedback, given the display behaves in this way regardless of whether in calibration or normal operation, it appears the display is most likely faulty.

Please either return to the place of purchase for replacement or contact one of our local service agents who will be pleased to assist.
Regards
Derek
01-16-19, 08:22 PM
Hello,
Ok, thank you for your help. Just to clarify, would it just be the display that I need to get replaced or would it be the transducer as well?
Thank you!
01-18-19, 07:38 AM
HI iloveboats,

the liklihood is that the display is at fault and so only the display needs to be changed
regards
Derek