Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG] Thermal Camera
01-09-19, 07:58 AM (This post was last modified: 01-09-19 09:14 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[DG] Thermal Camera
Can a T200 thermal imaging camera be interfaced with a E120 MFD?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-09-19, 09:19 AM (This post was last modified: 02-08-19 11:56 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [DG] Thermal Camera
Hi tegarre

Thank you for your enquiry.

The T200 can only be connected with difficulty, you will need to get an approved agent to assist since the IP address needs to be modified and you need to use a remote control joystick to control the camera.

The better option would be to update the E120 to one of our current products from the AXIOM range since this can be connected directly and will give you control from the AXIOM without a remote control joystick.
Regards
Derek
01-09-19, 09:21 PM
Derek,

Thanks. What is the best replacement model to fit in my existing panel slot? Axiom 12? I only use the chart plotter, i.e., no sonar, radar, weather etc. I use the Navionics maps and have an updated card.

Thanks,

Terry
01-10-19, 06:25 AM
Dear tegarre,

Thank you for the reponse.

You can fit an Axiom 12 into an existing fitting where the E120 classic was surfaced mounted using an adapter plate, the part number for this is A80529.

Many Thanks
Louise
01-10-19, 08:09 AM
Great.

Will my Navionics maps (SanDisk) card work with the Axiom 12 or do I need to buy an Axiom 12 preloaded with maps?

When I purchase the Axiom 12 to replace my E120, do I need to purchase new cables, power connectors, etc.?

Also, I have an existing Raystar 125 GPS receiver, will that interface with the Axiom 12?

Thanks,

Terry
01-11-19, 08:00 AM
Hi tegarre

The Navionics charts you used with the E120 are supplied on compact flash cards, the AXIOM range uses micro SD cards and so you will need to contact a Navionics dealer to update the existing chart cards to the new format, this will also enable you to update the chart cards for current data.

The AXIOM range do not come preloaded with charts and so will require a micro SD style chart card from Navionics to display cartographic data.

There will be a new power cable supplied with the AXIOM , depending what else is connected you may need additional accessory cables, bear in mind AXIOM operates on STng data, so your SeaTalk data will need to be converted to STng through an E22158 converter block. If the RS125 is connected through SeaTalk, then the converter will ensure this can be used with the AXIOM too.

Please refer to this FAQ here for more details on the update.

thanks
Derek
01-19-19, 11:43 AM
Thank you.

I now understand that the AXIOM operates on STng data. If the RS125 is not connected through SeaTalk, will it then connect directly to the AXIOM? Or will in still need to go through a E22158 converter block, then to the AXIOM. Terry
01-21-19, 07:52 AM
Hi Terry,

The RS125 only outputs SeaTalk1 not STng, therefore it will need to be connected though an E22158 SeaTalk1 to STng converter block.

Thanks
Derek
02-05-19, 09:38 PM
Derek,

I've been reading a lot of forum posts. I'm confused, if the E120 Classic MFD accepts analog video input and the T200 outputs a analog signal, why does the IP address need modified?

Thanks,

terry
02-08-19, 11:56 AM
Hi tegarre

Thank you for your enquiry.

The T200 can only be connected with difficulty, you will need to get an approved agent to assist since the IP address needs to be modified and you need to use a remote control joystick to control the camera.

The better option would be to update the E120 to one of our current products from the AXIOM range since this can be connected directly and will give you control from the AXIOM without a remote control joystick.
Regards
Derek