Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changing Master/Repeater Setting on ST60/ST60+/i50 Tridata Instruments
01-09-19, 09:30 AM

If a ST60/ST60+/i50 Depth or Tridata Instrument does not sense that its depth transducer terminals have been connected to a compatible 200kHz instrument depth transducer, then the instrument will configure itself as a depth slave and repeat depth the depth value received via the SeaTalk bus or SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone. Similarly, if a ST60/ST60+/i50 Speed or Tridata Instrument does not sense that its instrument transducer terminals have been connected to a compatible speed/temp transducer, then the instrument will configure itself as a speed slave and repeat the speed value received via the SeaTalk bus or SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone.

In systems featuring i50 Depth, Speed, and/or Tridata instruments which have been interfaced as spurs to a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone, the Data Sources feature of an i70/i70S MFID, MFD running LightHouse II / 3, or p70S/p70/p70RS/p70S Autopilot Control Head will be used to specify which source of Depth and/or Speed data will be used by a system featuring more than one source of such data. In systems featuring the above listed instruments and they have been interfaced via a SeaTalk bus, only one source of each type of data must be present in the system. Accordingly, should more than one source of depth or speed be present within the system (as might be done for redundancy purposes), one of these sources must be configured as a Master of depth and/or speed and the other(s) must be configured as a Slave (repeater) of depth and/or speed. The procedure for configuring theST60/ST60+/i50 Tridata Instrument as a Master or Slave of depth data follows:

- Simultaneously press and hold the DEPTH and SPEED buttons for approximately five seconds until the software version is displayed
- Press and release the DEPTH button to display the current Depth Master/Slave setting
- To change from Master to Slave, simultaneously press and release TRIPand RESET buttons ... Master or Slave will flash
- Press the TRIP or RESET to change the current Master / Slave value
Simultaneously press and hold the DEPTH and SPEED buttons

The procedure for configuring the ST60/ST60+/i50 Tridata Instrument as a Master or Slave of speed data follows:
- Simultaneously press and hold the DEPTH and SPEED buttons for approximately five seconds until the software version is displayed
- Press and release the SPEED button to display the current Speed Master/Slave setting
- To change from Master to Slave, simultaneously press and release TRIP and RESET ... Master or Slave will flash
- Press the TRIP or RESET to change the current Master / Slave value
Simultaneously press and hold the DEPTH and SPEED buttons

RAYFAQ#
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed