Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom 9 crashing on startup
01-11-19, 08:17 AM (This post was last modified: 01-11-19 09:07 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Axiom 9 crashing on startup
My Axiom 9 has been crashing non stop on startup. Sometimes after 10 boot attempts it finally gets to the home page. After 30 minutes it crashes again. Pink lines all over and reboots on it’s own. I tried factory reset with no luck.we are sailing to Colombia soon and I would like this resolved.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-11-19, 09:48 AM (This post was last modified: 01-11-19 09:51 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Axiom 9 crashing on startup
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum,

It is recommended that any microSD memory card which is presently installed within the MFD's memory card reader be removed and that the MFD be powered ON. Should the problem persist, then it would be recommended that a Power On Data Wipe / Factory Reset be commanded. Should operation of the MFD not be restored with the chart card removed from the MFD's memory card reader, then it would be recommended that the MFD be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.

Should operation of the MFD be restored, then it would be recommended that the MFD's software be updated with the latest available Raymarine LightHouse 3 software update for Axiom MFDs. After doing so, the chart card may be re-inserted and the MFD may then be tested. Should the problem re-occur when the chart card is inserted, then it may indicate a problem with the chart card's contents, or the microSD memory card itself. Accordingly, it would be recommended that the chart cards contents be erased (if using a Navionics or C-Map chart card, contact Navionics (508-291-6000) or C-Map Recreational Marine (800.424.2627) respectively for instructions) and then re-populate the chart card with charts. Should the problem persist thereafter, then it would be recommended that the MFD be tested with another chart card. If found to be operation with the other chart card, then it would be recommended that the chart card be replaced. If the problem is found to persist with another chart card then it would be recommended that the MFD be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced
01-11-19, 10:12 AM (This post was last modified: 01-11-19 10:22 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks Chuck,

I have tried most above with no luck. I will try a software update to the latest LH3 and see how it goes. Will report back shortly.
01-11-19, 11:41 AM (This post was last modified: 01-11-19 11:50 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Firmware update failed instantly, boot screen popped up now nothing is booting and hangs on Axiom logo. Tried several times to update, nothing is working please send replacent unit to Martinique. We leave on the 17th to Colombia and NEED this plotter working!

Thanks
01-11-19, 11:57 AM (This post was last modified: 01-11-19 11:58 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Robin,

Should the MFD have been installed by a Certified Raymarine Installer or Certified Raymarine OEM, then any Raymarine installer may be contacted to visit the vessel, verify the failure, request an advance replacement through Raymarine's Warranty Department, and install the replacement. It is recommended that you contact one of the Raymarine dealers in Martinique to schedule a visit to the vessel to perform these services. It is recommended that the MFD's serial number be supplied to the Raymarine Dealer in advance of your visit in order that he may coordinate the advance replacement with Raymarine's Warranty Department.

Should the MFD have been installed by oneself or a party other than a Certified Raymarine Installer, then the MFD will need to be shipped to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
01-11-19, 12:45 PM (This post was last modified: 01-11-19 12:55 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I will bring the unit into Diginav in Martinique. I am certain this is hardware failure from the exact symptoms of a previous thread where the unit was finally replaced. I am now sailing to Martinique from the Grenadines ... will keep posting and include the faults that the Raymarine techs find.

-R
01-11-19, 12:55 PM
Noted.