Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Transducer Connection to Seatalkng
01-19-19, 07:13 AM (This post was last modified: 01-22-19 10:11 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Transducer Connection to Seatalkng
I am in planning stages of upgrading my old electronics to Seatalk ng system. As part of the system, I plan to utilize the DST800 smart transducer with an i70s instrument. I believe the DST800 comes with a 3m spur cable, which is hardwired at the transducer end and a female STng plug at other end. I will need more length then 3m to get to my STng 5-way connector located at the helm. The transducer will be one "end" of my STng network which needs to be properly terminated.
I believe I can use a backbone extension cable from the 5-way connector to get down to the transducer, then utilize either a T-connector or an in-line terminator to connect the transducer spur. If I use a T-connector, I will need a terminator plug. If I use the in-line terminator, I will not need this.
Am I on the right track? Are there better options?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-22-19, 10:22 AM
RE: [CA11] Transducer Connection to Seatalkng
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Redman,

Q1. I believe I can use a backbone extension cable from the 5-way connector to get down to the transducer, then utilize either a T-connector or an in-line terminator to connect the transducer spur. If I use a T-connector, I will need a terminator plug. If I use the in-line terminator, I will not need this.
Am I on the right track? Are there better options?
A1. This is indeed the correct solution to closing the distance between the SeaTalkng 5-Way Connector located at the helm and the DST800.
01-22-19, 12:22 PM (This post was last modified: 01-22-19 01:25 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Perfect. Thanks a ton Chuck!!!
01-22-19, 01:25 PM
You're welcome.