Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] CA11] New Generation (EVO) Pilots with legacy Control Head ST70
01-22-19, 05:05 PM (This post was last modified: 01-22-19 05:24 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
CA11] New Generation (EVO) Pilots with legacy Control Head ST70
I have searched the threads for this one, but only found a comment on one that a 'modern' control head is to be used with the EVOLUTION autopilot system. I would like to retain the ST70 Pilot. The remainder of my instruments are ST60/ST70 and I don't need the 'Lighthouse' capability of the new P series instruments just yet (quite happy with my Classic E120 and its ancillaries, at the moment!).

So the question is do I need to replace my SPX10/Type 1 hydraulic pump/ST70 with the EVO system or can I retain the existing pump and ST 70 control head to use with the new EVO computer and EV sensor core.

PCH
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-22-19, 05:34 PM
RE: CA11] New Generation (EVO) Pilots with legacy Control Head ST70
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum PCH,

Should you need to replace the SPX10 and seek to replace it with and Evolution EV-1 and ACU-150 (for 12V system) or ACU-200 (for 12V or 24V) systems, then it would be necessary to also replace the ST70 autopilot control head with a p70S or p70R autopilot control head. The currently installed Type 1 Hydraulic Pump may be retained for use with the new ACU-150 or ACU-200 actuator control unit. If the subject autopilot will be installed onboard, then it would be strongly recommended that the E-Series Classic MFD (updated with v5.69 E-Series Classic MFD software) be interfaced as a spur to the powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone which will interface the Evolution autopilot components to one another. Raymarine offers the A06061 4.92in (1.5m) E-Series to SeaTalkng Adaptor Cable to accomplish this end.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply