Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Navionics Charts wiped out during update
01-28-19, 12:58 PM (This post was last modified: 01-28-19 01:48 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Navionics Charts wiped out during update
I have a Axion 9 MFD and several months ago attempted to update my Lighthouse program to the latest version via wi-fi. The download appeared to go fine until the end when i got a message the install failed. I then went to my computer and downloaded the update to a clean MSD card and successfully installed the update. I turned the unit off, removed the update MSD card and replaced it with the Navionics card that came with the unit. I restarted the MFD and now the Navionics maps do not work. They don't even show up in the list of available maps to select from. So i take the MSD card out of the unit in hopes of updating it with the Navionics Chart Installer program on my computer only to find The Chart Installer program does not recognize the card. The File Manager on the computer does not recognize it either. I call the folks at Navionics and they politely send me a new card. Yesterday, the same process. Tried the MFD update via wi-fi and the same results. I followed the same procedure above and now have another Navionics chart that is not working. I am reluctant to contact Navionics again as i feel this is a operator error or the MFD causing the problem. Any help would be appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-28-19, 01:58 PM
RE: [CA11] Navionics Charts wiped out during update
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum ktcarter,

The only thing which on should head with microSD memory cards and MFDs, is that one should use the "Eject Card" feature prior to removing any microSD memory card from the MFD's memory card reader. It is possible that the microSD card's table of contents has become corrupted. Please send the problematic Navionics chart card to:

Chuck - Raymarine Moderator
Raymarine Product Repair Center
9 Townsend West
Nashua, NH 03063.

Please be certain to include the Navionics chart card's SD adapter sleeve.
01-28-19, 04:54 PM
Ok. Will send the first one as well.

Thanks.
02-13-19, 04:52 PM
ktcarter,

Are you using a remote card reader with your Axiom MFD, or are you using the memory card reader located on the back side of the MFD?
02-14-19, 08:35 AM
Card reader located in the back of the unit. I do not have a remote reader.
02-14-19, 09:15 AM
ktcarter,

Thanks for responding with the requested information. Engineering is currently investigating the problem and we will respond upon completion of the investigation.
02-25-19, 03:49 PM
Any update from Engineering?
02-25-19, 03:57 PM (This post was last modified: 02-25-19 03:59 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
ktcarter,

Not yet ...they're still investigating the issue. I still have the parcel containing your separately purchased NAV+ card and the replacement Nav+ bundle card. Has the newly purchased chart card been functioning properly within your system?