Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] e95/Lighthouse: Importing a route
01-30-19, 03:09 PM (This post was last modified: 01-30-19 03:31 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] e95/Lighthouse: Importing a route
Hi,
I have an e95 chartplotter running the latest version of Lighthouse (at least the latest as of a couple months ago). I plotted several routes for an upcoming trip using Seaclear, and am able to export the route and convert it into the GPX format for upload. On the chartplotter I go to import route, find it on the MicroSD card and click Import. What happens though is all the waypoints from the route import, but the route itself does not. Meaning, when I go to browse the routes, it is empty, but all the waypoints for the route exist.
Is there a way to import the route itself which connects all the waypoints, or so I have to create the route manually by linking all the waypoints together after they are imported?
Many thanks,
Rdubs
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-30-19, 03:32 PM
RE: [CA11] e95/Lighthouse: Importing a route
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Rdubs,

What version of software is presently installed within your e95 MFD? Please attach your GPX file to this thread for further analysis.
02-01-19, 09:05 AM (This post was last modified: 02-01-19 09:07 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hi Chuck
The boat is being moved so unable to check the Lighthouse version. I'm pretty sure I updated it to v19, but don't remember the build number.

GPX file attached.
Best
'Dubs
02-01-19, 09:11 AM
Rdubs,

The GPX file which you had previously attached only contains waypoints ... i.e. it contains no routes. It is recommended that the developer of the navigational software application which you had used be contacted to address why your GPX file contains no routes.
02-01-19, 09:35 AM (This post was last modified: 02-01-19 11:09 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hi Chuck
Thanks for the reply, never caught that.
Went into g7towin and tried to create a route. Attaching here. Would this work? Also when I now open the file using the g7towin, it says "duplicate waypoints." I'm guessing one is for the waypoints and one is for the route. Would the file upload to the MFD as is, or do I need to delete one set of the waypoints? If so, would I delete the lower series number or the higher series number?
Thanks.
02-01-19, 11:11 AM (This post was last modified: 02-01-19 02:28 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Rdubs,

The duplication which you have referenced is not within the waypoint list ... it is simply indicating that waypoints from the list have been included within the routes ... just choose the option to overwrite if presented with the choice. When your latest GPX file was imported, a single route (GalToJaxRTE) from Jacksonville, FL to Gavelston, TX having 64 waypoints was successfully imported.
02-01-19, 12:13 PM (This post was last modified: 02-01-19 01:59 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks Chuck. Is there a way to tell from the last upload I sent if it is a correct route, which was missing previously, so the MFD should import it as a route?
Thanks!