Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG11] E22107 Speed Pod
02-01-19, 06:44 AM (This post was last modified: 02-01-19 10:24 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[DG11] E22107 Speed Pod
Hi

I have been unable to find any information about this on the website.

Is there a manual for the E22107 speed pod?

If not

- Am I correct that this will connect a transducer directly to SeaTalkng?

- What cables are included? If none, what cable would I need to connect this to a T-piece or backbone?

Can I assume that I would connect a trandsducer to the pod and this would (after whatever cabling is required) that this would connect to my instruments over the network?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-01-19, 10:45 AM (This post was last modified: 02-01-19 10:58 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [DG11] E22107 Speed Pod
Hi Gareth,
Thank you for your enquiry,

The ST70 Speed pod connects to SeaTalk 2 which is an early version of STng, it is supplied with a cable that has a preformed 5 pin plug square-ish on the end, see below,
This cable should be replaced with an STng spur cable with stripped ends - A06043, which can be hardwired into the connections on the pod.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=2626]

Connect the white plug on the A06043 cable to a white socket of a STng T-Piece or 5 way connector, this will then power the pod.
The speed pod can then be calibrated through an i70 instrument display to calibrate boat speed correctly and any temperature offset required.

If you connect an appropriate transducer to the pod, then the speed data will become available on the STng network.

regards

Derek

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply