Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom RS125
02-01-19, 04:53 PM (This post was last modified: 02-01-19 05:10 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Axiom RS125
I have an Axiom Pro 12 RVX (E70372 0970034) Software version 3.8.97.

Into the back of the machine through the NMEA2000 i have a STNG convertor (5 point) which is BLUE WHITE YELLOW WHITE BLUE with the following connections
BLUE - resistor
White - NMEA2000 to axiom unit
Yellow - RS150 GPS external antena
White - 12V power connection
Blue - resistor.

The Axiom unit can not recognise any external GPA antena.

I have also tried

BLUE -T peice (with 2 resistors) into white RS150
White - NMEA2000 to axiom unit
Yellow - RSeatalk cable into data input auto pilot and older GPS antena
White - 12V power connection
Blue - resistor.

Still the machine cannot recognise any external device.

The radar is connected wirelessly.
I have updated the software.

Should I be using a five piece connector instead of the STNG convertor?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-01-19, 05:16 PM (This post was last modified: 02-01-19 05:19 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Axiom RS125
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Bport7262,

Indeed a SeaTalkng 5-Way Connector rather than a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter should have been used to interface the Raystar 150 GPS Sensor to the MFD. That said, you should be able to verify the operational state of the MFD's NMEA 2000 communications interface by simply plugging the SeaTalkng Power Cable into the SeaTalk (yellow) socket of the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter and then plugging the Raystar 150 GPS Sensor's cable into a spur socket (white) of the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter. The operational state of a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter may generally be verified by using the MFD's Diagnostics feature to determine whether the MFD detects the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter. Finally, when using a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter, it is strongly recommended that it be updated with the latest available Raymarine product software update.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply