Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] iPad Interface Function
02-02-19, 06:48 AM (This post was last modified: 02-04-19 02:30 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] iPad Interface Function
Hi, I have a new Raymarine Axiom system and have a few questions as follows:

1/. With the iPad app, I’ve been able to mirror the Axiom display but would also like to look at different pages concurrently. For example, is it possible to display the chart in full screen on the Axiom display while at the same time displaying the radar on the iPad in full screen ?

2/ With the iPhone, is there an app that has similar functionality to the iPad app ?

thank you,

Tim Holley
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-04-19, 02:40 PM
RE: [CA11] iPad Interface Function
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Tim,

Q1. With the iPad app, I’ve been able to mirror the Axiom display but would also like to look at different pages concurrently. For example, is it possible to display the chart in full screen on the Axiom display while at the same time displaying the radar on the iPad in full screen ?
A1. Raymarine's Mobile Apps are not designed to function in the manner which you have suggested. The RayControl and RayRemote apps are simply designed to remotely control a MFD and repeat the screen image of the MFD they are controlling. The are not designed to function as a second MFD within the system.

Q2. With the iPhone, is there an app that has similar functionality to the iPad app ?
A2. If seeking an app which may be used to repeat the MFD's screen image on your smartphone and provides a user interface to remotely control the MFD, then the RayRemote app should be downloaded. It should be noted that when the RayRemote's button interface (i.e. remote) is displayed, the MFD's screen image will not be visible. This app has the greatest applicability when the MFD's screen is repeated to a television / monitor (ex. Axiom MFDs to television w/Miracast dongle, gS-Series MFD to televison w/video output cable, etc.). For those seeking a touchscreen experience akin to that of the MFD, then a compatible iPad or Android tablet (not smartphone) would be required along with the RayControl app.
02-04-19, 10:19 PM
thanks Chuck
02-05-19, 09:06 AM
You're welcome.