Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG11] i60 Wind new install, no wind speed
02-04-19, 10:45 AM
RE: [DG11] i60 Wind new install, no wind speed
Good afternoon Derek
Thanks or your reply
I suspect that the i60 head unit I bought as a used item is at fault. The previous owner now advises that it was used by him as a repeater and not a master and that it worked in that role. It is also stated that the unit has never been used as a master.
With the above in mind, I have ordered a new unit and expect delivery in the next couple of days. When the new unit arrives, it will only take me a matter of minutes to fit it and see if my suspicions are correct.
If I still have problems, then of course I will be looking at my system in it’s entirety and will then be back to you for further advice.
Here is a link to a video I made yesterday of the i60 in operation on my boat:
https://youtu.be/k9D84VR7FvI
The video initially shows the unit displaying what should be the True Wind, however, what it is showing is that the wind is directly astern of the vessel at 6.3 knots, I then change the display to Apparent and the wind direction seems to be fine, but displays 0 knots, another press o the Display button returns the unit to the True mode, I then pan down to the Tridata display and the speed on the TriData coincides with the wind speed shown on the i60 in True mode
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [DG11] i60 Wind new install, no wind speed - Whistonmarine - 02-04-19 10:45 AM