Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] DSM300 working fine with Axiom?
01-31-19, 08:57 AM (This post was last modified: 01-31-19 09:22 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] DSM300 working fine with Axiom?
I have and legacy fishfinder consisting of a B60 connected to a DSM 300, that is in turn, networked via Raynet to an Axiom 12 RV. I have read that the DSM300 will not work with the Axiom, but it seems to operate just fine (about the same as when it was connected to an a128).

I have also read that I can connect the B60 directly to the axiom with an adaptor cable (and I may consider doing this), but again, everything seems to operate as expected.

Am I missing something? Will connecting the B60 directly to the axiom give better results or added features?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-31-19, 09:36 AM (This post was last modified: 01-31-19 11:59 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] DSM300 working fine with Axiom?
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum dtfeld,

Q1. I have read that the DSM300 will not work with the Axiom, but it seems to operate just fine (about the same as when it was connected to an a128).
A1. You may have misunderstood the comment regarding compatibility of the DSM30 and DSM300 with MFDs running LightHouse 3 software. The DSM30 and DSM300 are not supported for use with LightHouse 3 software. This means that the DSM30 and DSM300 have not been through full product testing with MFDs which are running LightHouse 3 software. Accordingly some Fishfinder feature and settings associcated with the 200kHz and 50kHz channels may not function properly when a DSM30 or DSM300 has been interfaced to the system.

Q2. I have also read that I can connect the B60 directly to the axiom with an adaptor cable (and I may consider doing this), but again, everything seems to operate as expected. Am I missing something? Will connecting the B60 directly to the axiom give better results or added features?
A2. Unlike the Axiom Pro MFDs, the Axiom DV MFDs and Axiom RV MFDs may be adapted to be interfaced transducers which may have required an adapter cable to be interfaced to a DSM30, DSM300, CP300, or CP370. As indicated within the response to Q1, the DSM30 and DSM300 with MFDs running LightHouse 3 software. As you have observed that the system appears to function properly with your DSM300, you may want to try using it within your system. We have received some anecdotal reports better depth performance and sensitivity when the same transducer had been used with a DSM30, DSM300, CP300, or CP370 than with the Axiom MFD's internal 600W 50kHz fishfinder sonar. That said, should some odd behaviors be observed with the system, the first action to be taken in correcting the issue should be to disconnect the DSM from the system.
01-31-19, 11:26 AM (This post was last modified: 01-31-19 11:57 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] DSM300 working fine with Axiom?
Understand. Thanks