Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Route Name Max Number of Characters
02-07-19, 03:04 PM (This post was last modified: 02-07-19 03:15 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Route Name Max Number of Characters
I have an eS127 with LH II

I do my Route planning with Coastal Explorer on a laptop. I then save it as a GPX file and import it to my eS127. two issues:

1. The route name is renamed "route" (then a number) ex: Route 36. It does not import the name I gave it.

2. When I attempt to rename it on my MFD, it only allows 16 characters. The actual space provided would lead you to believe it should accept many more characters.

Is there a way to increase the number of characters?

Thank you

Tom

1988 Camargue Yacht Fisher
Tom and Kay
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-07-19, 03:22 PM
RE: [CA11] Route Name Max Number of Characters
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum Tom,

General comment: Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. Please additionally be certain to click on the link within this FAQ addressing constraints of MFD/chartplotter.

Q1. The route name is renamed "route" (then a number) ex: Route 36. It does not import the name I gave it.
A1. This may well have occurred as a result of the route name within the GPX file being too long.

Q2. When I attempt to rename it on my MFD, it only allows 16 characters. The actual space provided would lead you to believe it should accept many more characters.
A2. Please click on the link within the FAQ referenced above addressing constraints of MFD/chartplotter. As indicated therein waypoint, route, track, and waypoint group/folder names are constrained to 16 characters.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply