Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Spotify app skipping
02-07-19, 04:56 PM (This post was last modified: 02-08-19 09:11 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Spotify app skipping
Been using the Spotify app and like it a lot. However, I can get it to quit skipping randomly. Location is with in 2 ft if the Kenwood BT head unit. I thought might be at a bad angle so I moved the MFD right next to the head unit, still skips so not likely the Bluetooth range or power.

Song files are downloaded to an MicroSD card. Tried both in the back of the unit and in the remote card reader.

I can play the same play list from my phone, no skips, so it got to be something in the MFD s connection.

Anything I can do?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-08-19, 09:28 AM
RE: [CA11] Spotify app skipping
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum dtfeld,

Has the MFD been installed within a helm mounting surface which has been fabricated from metal or carbon fiber? If so, does the problem persist when the MFD is removed from the helm? Should the helm mounting surface not have been manufactured from metal or carbon fiber, then it would be recommended that the MFD be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to have its Bluetooth circuitry bench checked / serviced.
02-09-19, 08:24 AM (This post was last modified: 02-11-19 10:22 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
It currently is not in any metal or carbon fiber, but I think that is the plan, I ordered an a12x to Axiom 12 adapter plate. I think these plates are aluminum.

I did remove the MFD from the helm and placed it next to the head unit, no change. Before sending the unit in, I'm going to install a separate BT receiver connected to the head unit via RCA Aux in and see if that resolves the issue. That would let me pin point weather the issue is in the MFD or in the head unit.

I did do some troubleshooting on the Spotify app. I erased and then re downloaded all the music (no change) Spotify also recommends uninstalling then re-installing the Spotify app, but I don't think that can be done in the feild.
02-11-19, 10:24 AM (This post was last modified: 02-11-19 10:27 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
dtfeld,

Apps cannot be separately installed on to the Axiom MFD. The apps are part of the software installation .iso used to update the MFDls software. I would recommend sending the MFD in to be check. A note should be included within the package identifying the make/model of marine entertainment system as well as any specific playlist which you may have been experiencing the issue with.