Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Connect E7d to A75
02-10-19, 12:13 PM (This post was last modified: 02-11-19 04:04 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Connect E7d to A75
Hi there,

I’ve got an E7d at my main helm position and am considering getting an A75 to go on the fly bridge.

On the E7d, I’ve got depth, radar, AIS and charts. What would be the easiest way to connect it to the A75 so its a carbon copy of all the features. Can I just get a SeaTalk spur cable and connect to the network port of each device?

I’m really hoping there is an easy way of doing this and I haven’t got to do the added expense of setting up a SeaTalk network.

Any info would be appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-11-19, 04:10 PM (This post was last modified: 02-11-19 04:11 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Connect E7d to A75
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum dazlindazza,

Q1. On the E7d, I’ve got depth, radar, AIS and charts. What would be the easiest way to connect it to the A75 so its a carbon copy of all the features. Can I just get a SeaTalk spur cable and connect to the network port of each device?
A1. Not quite, but it's almost that easy. Such sharing of resources requires that the MFDs be interfaced via an Ethernet Network. Should the system already feature a HS5 RayNet Network Switch or SeaTalkHS Network Switch, then the new MFD would simply need to be interfaced to it as well. However, should the present system not feature a HS5 RayNet Network Switch or SeaTalkHS Network Switch, then it would be necessary to install one, as the e7D MFD features only one Ethernet Network socket. The Digital Radar Cable would then be unplugged from the e7D MFD's Ethernet Network socket and then plugged into the HS5 RayNet Network Switch. Each MFD's Ethernet Network socket would then be interfaced to the HS5 RayNet Network Switch via an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable.
02-16-19, 08:27 AM (This post was last modified: 02-17-19 08:15 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks very much for the reply.
02-17-19, 08:15 AM
You're welcome.