Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Configure New Network and Incorporate S2 Course Computer
03-11-19, 08:19 AM
RE: [CA11] Configure New Network and Incorporate S2 Course Computer
Hi Chuck,

I now have everything connected and all is working perfectly with exception of one connection. The E70196 connection to my VHF. As seen from the attached photos of the install guides of both my VHF as well as the E70196, I am trying to connect the red and yellow wires coming from the yellow port on the E70196 to the VHF. The only leads I see on the VHF are RED (NMEA IN) and WHITE (NMEA OUT). Is this where the RED/YELLOW wires from the E70196 attach? Also, on the RED/WHITE wires on the VHF they look like a standard black power cord (like for a lamp), standard 2 wire on the outside but when stripped there are wire strands surrounding the red or white wire , not sure exactly if I should strip both the red and white internal wires or not, I assume everything gets stripped. I tried just connecting RED from the E70196 to RED on the VHF and it did not get position info.

Also, unrelated....what is best practice when having two Axiom displays for GPS. I turned the GPS off on the display in the cabin since I figured the GPS would work better from the one at the helm. Is this correct or is there a better way?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Configure New Network and Incorporate S2 Course Computer - ventus - 03-11-19 08:19 AM