Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Selecting proper transducers
02-15-19, 01:15 PM (This post was last modified: 02-15-19 01:40 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Selecting proper transducers
I am looking at upgrading all new electronics, installing (1) Axiom Pro 12 RVX & (1) Axiom Pro 12 S along with new transducers.

What are the advantages/disadvantages of the RV-200 transducer vs. RV-212 paired transducers as far as capabilities go?

I realize there is the deadrise compensation but if I were to use the RV-200, this would be mounting in the center vs on each side.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-15-19, 01:48 PM (This post was last modified: 03-04-19 01:14 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Selecting proper transducers
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Tyler,

There is no sonar imaging performance advantage which the paired RV thru-hull transducers would provide over the RV-200. The paired RV thru-hull transducers are simply intended for hulls which have a suitable mounting surface for a RV transducer supporting 0° deadrise compensation (ex. RV-200).
03-04-19, 11:37 AM
Chuck,
Thanks for the response. I am in the final stages of selecting/ordering all of my equipment, replacing all electronics/transducers on a 36' boat.

We will be installing an Axiom Pro 12 RVX & Axiom Pro 12 S Mfd's, seatalk HS5, RV 212 transducers & debating whether to install a CP470 or CP570 sounder.

Our main goal is going to be having the best combination sounder & transducer for bottom fishing anywhere from (150' to 400'). I am leaning towards going with the CP570 sounder due to its ability of running two independent chirp channels at the same time.

Is that the best option? & if so, which transducer do you recommend for this depth & purpose?

Is the B265LH a good option for this purpose, or am I going to gain anything fishing at these depths going with a 2kW transducer instead?

Thanks,
Tyler
03-04-19, 01:25 PM
Tyler,

For the maximum operating depths specified, it would typically not be recommended that a CP470 or CP570 not be installed. For the operating depths specified, the internal 1kW CHIRP sonar circuitry of the Axiom Pro RVX would typically be deemed sufficient ... unless truly seeking the CP570's ability to operate two independent chirp channels at the same time as you have indicated.

The B265LH should be quite sufficient for the operating depths specified.