Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] My A128 chart plotter has mind of it’s own
02-16-19, 09:44 AM (This post was last modified: 02-20-19 09:57 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] My A128 chart plotter has mind of it’s own
After a period of use the chart touchscreen starts jumping about (geographically) and zooms in and zoom out continuously - all without human intervention. In addition the menus (Home, WPT, Menu) cease to function. Various drop-down menus (inc Chart Point) appear and then disappear, with all options disabled whilst each is being presented.

The chart plotter functioned correctly from new for (maybe) three years after which the problems identified above started occurring very occasionally. More recently the problems show within a few minutes of the plotter being switched on.
A reboot restores all functionality for a period after which the failures mentioned above start again.

The 128 chart platter is connected with an EM_TRAC B100 AIS device. Might there be some incompatibility that is causing my problems?

Can you advise any actions I should take or do I have to return the plotter to Raymarine?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-20-19, 10:00 AM
RE: [CA11] My A128 chart plotter has mind of it’s own
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum lord phi,

Should the MFD's screen be dry and the MFD be operating within its temperature range specification, then the MFD would appear to be suffering a failure within its touchscreen circuitry. In such cases, it would be recommended that the MFD be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply