Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[LW] [LW11] Axiom 9 3.8.97 Update Failure
02-17-19, 06:40 PM (This post was last modified: 02-18-19 10:22 AM by Louise - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[LW11] Axiom 9 3.8.97 Update Failure
Receiving message "Not enough storage space available to perform the update. 20.1 MB of extra space needed in internal memory". The number "20.1" varies depending on which Axiom MFD and when I attempt the update.

I'm getting this message from two Axiom 9 MFDs even when they are each completely disconnected each other and from RayNet and SeaTalkng, only connected to 12 vdc and my wifi. I initially had the MFDs connected to an HS5 switch and the master MFD was connected to the SeaTalkng network and I selected "Check online" from my master MFD. It appeared that everything worked and it updated my Quantum 2 radar, Evolution AP, etc. and the master MFD but I got the above message for the second non-master Axiom. So I made multiple unsuccessful attempts to complete the update procedure without receiving the above message.

However now it appears that both Axiom 9 MFDs are updated. I'm seeing 3.8.97 on the startup Homescreen of both MFDs, as well as on the "Getting started" screen and the Diagnostics "Product information." So it appears that there might be a bug in the update system.

Or, is it possible that my 3.8.97 downloads are corrupted? What should I do now?

For future reference, will the update all procedure update multiple MFDs on a RayNet network, or do the MFDs need to be updated individually?

Finally, is it OK to use "Check online" instead of "Check SD card" if I have strong dependable wifi? It's a lot more convenient.
Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-19, 09:34 AM
RE: [LW11] Axiom 9 3.8.97 Update Failure
Dear fidlerjim,

Thank you for the query.

There is now a new SW release of Lighthouse 3.8.105 available to download, please try this update via the online option and this should resolve any issues you may of experienced in the previous SW release.

The online option to update the software is an extremely convenient option, of course you do need a good WiFi connection to the internet.

As long as your MFDs are networked together on raynet, using the master display to perform the update, all repeater MFDs will also update to the latest software.

Many Thanks
Louise
02-20-19, 03:41 PM
As of today this problem appears to be resolved after the online download and installation of software version 3.8.105. No more messages about "Not enough storage space..."

Jim
02-22-19, 06:20 AM
Hi Jim,

I am glad to hear.

Many Thanks
Louise