Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG11] c80 Fix Loss
02-19-19, 09:34 AM (This post was last modified: 02-20-19 08:40 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[DG11] c80 Fix Loss
Sorry but I can't seem to find forum info on my C80 problem. This navigation product came with the boat (2008 Beneteau 393) and bought in 2009. This past year I kept losing my nav fix after operating smootly for several years. At first I thought it was a low voltage on the boat battery problem but after several well charged attempts I believe it is something else. Places where I have been several times before and never had a problem now after about 20 minutes of fixes it alarms and goes away. It has the latest software revision. What can I try to narrow down the problem? Thanks, Bob
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-20-19, 08:49 AM
RE: [DG11] c80 Fix Loss
Hi Bob,

Thank you for your enquiry,

the loss of GPS position will be related to the GPS antenna being used by the C80, firstly locate and identify the antenna.

The tests as described in this FAQ here will help identify if the GPS is at fault or the cabling is an issue.

If the Antenna is diagnosed faulty, please replace it with a SeaTalk compatible versionas described here.

If you identify the GPS as an RS125, please review the test process here

regards
Derek
09-02-19, 09:35 AM
Derek -
Happy Labor Day to you.

I am still having trouble with my GPS antenna loosing fix. I did replace the battery with a 3V CR 2032 and then the problem has persisted thru the summer. When replacing the battery I recorded the numbers on bottom of the antenna - see attachment. These numbers did not match what you sent in previous thread so I need assist in finding correct antenna replacement. Can you assist?

Thannks for help,
Bob

(02-20-19 08:49 AM)Derek - Raymarine - Moderator Wrote:  Hi Bob,

the loss of GPS position will be related to the GPS antenna being used by the C80, firstly locate and identify the antenna.

The tests as described in this FAQ here will help identify if the GPS is at fault or the cabling is an issue.

If the Antenna is diagnosed faulty, please replace it with a SeaTalk compatible versionas described here.

regards
Derek

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

09-02-19, 09:42 AM
Derek -

What antenna do I need to purchase with the attached info from current system?

Thanks,
Bob

(02-20-19 08:49 AM)Derek - Raymarine - Moderator Wrote:  Hi Bob,

regards
Derek

09-03-19, 03:22 AM
Dear Bob,

Thank you for your response.

To update your GPS to our current antenna, you will need to purchase the RS150 (part no T70327), please find more information here.

To integrate on seatalk 1 you will require the ST1 to STng convertor (part no E22158) as the RS150 comminucates on STng, more information is available here.

Many Thanks
Louise
09-10-19, 06:53 AM (This post was last modified: 09-10-19 09:18 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Louise -

Thanks for the meaningful response. I now have two questions: (1) When checking the voltages going to the RS 125 antenna the instructions I got were that the pin numbers were clockwise orientation from the plug's indexing groove (pin to right of indexing groove is pin 1) - is that correct - seems weird? and (2) when I look at the box under the C80 display console (attached photo) - can you identify it as the D244 distribution block referred to in your diagrams? If so what is the "Raymarine" Box also seen in the same diagram. Thanks for your assistance - just trying to understand prior to taking system apart.

Bob

09-10-19, 09:22 AM (This post was last modified: 09-10-19 09:22 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hi Bob,

The box looks like a standard junction box and is likely connecting Seatalk in your network.

Attached is the RS125 pinout diagram [Image: attachment.php?aid=3554]

Regards
Derek

09-10-19, 10:32 PM (This post was last modified: 09-11-19 06:57 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Derek - Thanks for the pin out - helpful.

Also I have the line diagram for the new RS150 antenna and converter but I am trying to understand the original system and what's what when I am looking at it. In the RS 150 wire diagram there are two junction boxes shown. One is labeled "D244 Seatalk Distribution Block" and the other is labeled "R55006 Seatalk Junction Box - Raymarine." So I am guessing that the picture I sent you is of the second box above (R55006). Where would the D244 Dist Block be in the original system? Or does it come with the RS150 or converter kit? Attached is of the underside of the C80 with Wind & depth/speed instruments next to it on left in picture.

Thanks,
Bob

09-11-19, 10:55 AM
Hi Bob,

The RS150 does not come with any boxes, it is a STng device and so is supplied with a cable with a white STng connector on the end of it.

To connect the RS150 to the C80 or to the Older SeaTalk system, you will need the E22158 SeaTalk to STng converter kit.

The D244 might be used with the converter kit to connect the SeaTalk from the converter into your existing SeaTalk system.
Thanks
Derek
09-27-19, 01:34 PM (This post was last modified: 09-30-19 07:05 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Derek -

Thanks for all the info. When I took the cover off the black connector box there was a loose white wire not connected to anything (see Photo). This white wire is in the cable coming from the back of the Raymarine C80 MF console. Shouldn't it be connected to something?. There was a small piece of black electrical tape around the brown wire in that same cable. This might be my problem. The reason I am looking at this is because I did not see the correct DC voltages as per the trouble shooting guide you guys sent to me. Thanks for any assist.

Bob