Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] AXIOM 9 TRANSDUCER SELECTION
05-01-19, 12:29 AM
RE: [TG11] AXIOM 9 TRANSDUCER SELECTION
Hello Dobby,

Sorry for the delay replying.

Yes, you can 1kW as well as the 3D RV transducer, each has their own place and purpose. The RV gives great detail and spatial awareness in shallow water, whilst the 1kW gives the offshore performance. You can freely display any combination of up to 4 frequencies/channels from either transducer in a split-screen view at any one time: no need for any switch.

I always prefer through-hull faired transducers if they can be used. They tend to give the best performance at speed, and especially with the RV's 3D and SideVision, are far less likely to be blocked to the side by outboard legs.

My recommendation would be:
- RV220 split pair through-hull
- B258 through-hull faired 1kW transducer

Transom-mount are the fall-back, but as I say, they tend to be more prone to aerated, turbulent water off the transom at speed and being blocked to the side by the outboard leg (RV transducer.)

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [TG11] AXIOM 9 TRANSDUCER SELECTION - Tom - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-01-19 12:29 AM