Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG11] Mounting Camera to top of Quantum Radar
02-24-19, 12:41 PM (This post was last modified: 02-25-19 01:31 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[DG11] Mounting Camera to top of Quantum Radar
Hi - The promotional video for the Quantum Radar posted to YouTube (see attached photo) shows a camera mounted to the top of the Radar housing. I am interested in this same setup as I need my camera to be as high as possible. I was unable to locate instructions however that shows the recommended way to affix the camera to the radar housing or how to pass the camera cabling through the radar unit. Could you kindly point me in the right direction?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-25-19, 09:07 AM (This post was last modified: 02-25-19 01:32 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [DG11] Mounting Camera to top of Quantum Radar
Hi hynespa

Thank you for your enquiry,

The screenshot that you sent is a foreshortened view, please see the below image for the actual mounting . . .

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2675]

The previous part of the video shows how this camera is actually mounted,
[Image: attachment.php?aid=2676]

We do not recommend mounting the camera directly on top of the radome, always use a dedicated mast or mounting tower for the camera.

Regards
Derek

02-27-19, 08:12 PM (This post was last modified: 02-28-19 09:05 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Derek - Thanks for your reply! Do you have a part number or ordering information for that mast that is holding both the camera and the radar?
02-28-19, 09:17 AM (This post was last modified: 02-28-19 09:17 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hi Hynespa,

Thankyou for your feedback, the A80147 is one option from Raymarine, please also refer to the Scanstrut website shown here for further details

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2689]