Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] System upgrades
02-25-19, 06:49 AM (This post was last modified: 02-25-19 10:45 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] System upgrades
Hi, I need some advice.

I purchased the i50/i60 wind/speed/depth package and a ev-100 autopilot, and had them installed before considering which chart plotter to install.

If I already have the transducers in place that came with the i50 and i60 wind/speed/depth instruments, do I need to add an additional transducer to connect an a67 chartplotter to the system?

Also, can I add a multiplexor to the seatalkng network to connect my Standard Horizon Matrix GX2200 AIS/GPS VHF radio to the network so that all these instruments "talk" to each other?

And will there be any difficulty in adding radar to this network in the future?

Your response to this inquiry is greatly appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-25-19, 11:30 AM
RE: [CA11] System upgrades
Welcome to the Leewo,

Q1. do I need to add an additional transducer to connect an a67 chartplotter to the system?
A1. It would only be necessary to interface the MFD to a fishfinder transducer if one desired to use the MFD's Fishfinder application's features. Without a compatible fishfinder transducer, the MFD would simply be limited to reporting numerical depth from the depth instrument which may be interfaced to the MFD.

Q2. can I add a multiplexor to the seatalkng network to connect my Standard Horizon Matrix GX2200 AIS/GPS VHF radio to the network so that all these instruments "talk" to each other?
A2. An Actisense NGW-1-ISO-AIS would typically be recommended for this application to interface a third party VHF Radio/AIS lacking a NMEA 2000 communications interface, but having a 38400 BAUD NMEA 0183 communications interface as a spur to the system's powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone.

Q3. And will there be any difficulty in adding radar to this network in the future?
A3. I see no reason why. The a-Series MFDs feature an Ethernet communications interface and some a6x MFDs featured a Wi-Fi communications interface through which a radar transducer may communicate with the MFD.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply