Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Heading Flash Offset
03-28-19, 10:18 AM (This post was last modified: 03-29-19 01:20 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Heading Flash Offset
Ian,

Per our conversation earlier this morning, with MFDs running LightHouse 3 software, the radar image on the radar screen is not updated once per sweep as it was in prior generation of Raymarine products. Within such systems which additionally feature heading source, the radar image is reoriented with each update from the systems heading source. In doing so, targets displayed on the radar screen (head up) will maintain proper orientation with respect to the ship's head between sweeps ... including situations where the vessel is executing a turn. As mentioned, this could easily be observed on my bench system because of the very close proximity of the radar transducer (source of magnetic deviation) to the heading sensor. As the radar transducer's motor turned, the amount of deviation would change, thereby shifting the image with sensed changes in the magnetic field. Accordingly, when performing the radar bearing alignment in Head Up mode, the system's heading source should either be disconnected or switched OFF. In doing so with my own system and then plugging the EV-1 CCU (heading source back into the MFD (Auto Variation = 14.5 deg W), I did not observe the offset which you had reported. I look forward to learning your results after having replaced the H2183 with an EV-1 CCU or AR200 (the latter may be calibrated via LH3 v3.8.105 software) within your system.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] Heading Flash Offset - Type1 - 02-26-19, 07:09 PM
RE: [CA11] Heading Flash Offset - Type1 - 03-16-19, 08:04 PM
RE: [CA11] Heading Flash Offset - Type1 - 03-18-19, 11:27 AM
RE: [CA11] Heading Flash Offset - Type1 - 03-27-19, 05:27 PM
RE: [CA11] Heading Flash Offset - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 03-28-19 10:18 AM
RE: [CA11] Heading Flash Offset - Type1 - 05-15-19, 01:54 AM