Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
E97 MFD can't be configured to Head Up chart orientation
05-05-16, 09:49 PM
E97 MFD can't be configured to Head Up chart orientation
I've read the moderator post on this subject and my unit doesn't seem to operate as described.

The issue I'm having is that my orientation will not change from North up even though I am moving at higher rates of speed of up to 30mph while cruising. I am using a GPS to determine the COG. The unit is tracking the vessel correctly and displaying the heading correctly except for the fact that it will not change from the North Up orientation.

How can I fix this issue?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-06-16, 08:56 AM
RE: E97 MFD can't be configured to Head Up chart orientation
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Sungam,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. Should you be underway, making good way, and be the MFD not be able to be configured to Head Up mode, then it is possible that the Chart Sync feature (MENU->PRESENTATION->VIEW & MOTION->CHART SYNC) has been configured to RADAR or CHART. Configuring the Chart Sync feature to OFF should once again cause the MFD's Chart applications to respond to Chart Orientation and/or Boat Position configuration settings changes. Please note that the Chart Orientation configuration should only be set to Course Up after the MFD has been commanded to navigate (i.e. Go To Waypoint/Cursor Position or Follow Route).
05-07-16, 01:51 PM
When I am on the chart and go to Menu>Presentation I do not see a option for Chart Sync. How else can I access this option?
05-09-16, 12:21 PM
Sungam,

Chart Sync is not an option within the Presentation Menu. Per the prior response and FAQ, it is a menu option within the VIEW & MOTION menu (MENU->PRESENTATION->VIEW & MOTION).
05-09-16, 08:25 PM
What if I don't see the view and motion menu option under presentation to get to the chart sync option?
Do you have screen shots that can assist me?
05-10-16, 12:04 PM (This post was last modified: 05-10-16 07:46 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
If operating with current a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD software installed within your MFD, the VIEW & MOTION menu item will appear as has been previously specified. Should your MFD not be operating with current a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD software (v16.47 at the time of this response), then its software should be updated accordingly with the latest a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD software update. Please additionally note there may be additional items within menus, necessitating that the menus be scrolled to view the complete list of menu options.
05-10-16, 07:26 PM
I may have not seen it and will check again. Thank you. What is the easiest way to determine the software version?
05-10-16, 07:44 PM
Sungam,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing your latest question.