Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG11] Adding an RMK10 to two axioms - switch not powering on
03-02-19, 11:58 AM (This post was last modified: 03-04-19 11:40 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[DG11] Adding an RMK10 to two axioms - switch not powering on
Hello

Trying to add a RMK10 to my setup.

I have two axiom 9's
a Raymarine HS5 network switch
an RMK -10 keyboard

I connect the two axiom network outputs to the HS5 (port 1&2)
I connect the RMK to the HS5 (port 3)
Since the HS5 is not PoE I connect the alternate power

When I power everything up the HS5 shows a green light on port 1&2, nothing for port 3.
The axiom power up fine and are networked.
the power button light on the RMK is lit but the rest of the rmk is not (dial, etc)

Trouble shooting I performed
I power everything down and connect the rmk to the master Axiom - pair keyboard everything works fantastically.
I switched the inputs to the HS5 axioms to port 1&3 and RMK to port 2 - ports 1&3 were green and port 2 was black

help appreciated~!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-04-19, 11:50 AM
RE: [DG11] Adding an RMK10 to two axioms - switch not powering on
Hi Wstandis,

Thankyou for your enquiry,

It looks like you have power to the remote keypad, by virtue of the power button illuminated, have you also tried to pair the keypad with the displays?

Note that when you reconnect the RMK10 via the HS%, you will need to repair the keypad again - did you do that?

Thanks
Derek
03-04-19, 07:25 PM (This post was last modified: 03-05-19 05:04 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Yes I did try that
03-05-19, 05:06 AM
Hi Wstandis

Please confirm that when you reconnected the RMK10 to the network via the HS5, you then re-paired the keypad to both AXIOMs - did you do that? Did that work?

Thanks
Derek
03-05-19, 08:58 AM (This post was last modified: 03-05-19 09:43 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Sorry. I should have made my answer clear.

No it did not work. I hooked the switch up to the axiom. Works fine. Power down and connect to network switch and try to pair. Keyboard not found.
03-05-19, 09:48 AM
Hi Wstandis

Thanks for clarifying this, try disconnecting everything from the HS5 switch except one AXIOM display and the RMK10, if still an issue, then try fitting a cross over coupler between the RMK10 and the HS5.

Thanks
Derek
03-05-19, 02:42 PM (This post was last modified: 03-05-19 03:00 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Sorry. What is a crossover coupler?
03-06-19, 06:36 AM
Hi Wstandis

there are two types of RJ45 Ethernet couplers used to join cables, one is a 'straight through' couple where all the pins connect pin for pin, the other is a 'crossover coupler' where the data pins are swapped or transposed. They are used in specific applications where the data appears to be interrupted or erratic, hence the suggestion to use the crossover coupler in this instance.
Thanks
Derek
03-06-19, 12:13 PM (This post was last modified: 03-06-19 01:23 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
So I have to buy this?
03-07-19, 05:41 AM
Hi WStandis,

I think the crossover coupler suggestion is irrelevant to be honest, the issue is more likely a faulty RayNet cable on the RMK10. Have you tried connecting the RMK10 to the HS5 network switch using one of the cables from an AXIOM - since the AXIOMs connect correctly to the HS5, using one of their cables will identify if the RMK10 cable is faulty.

Also check the voltage of the power to the RMK10, make sure it is a good 12.5V and there is enough current available.

Thanks
Derek