Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Replace A77 with Axiom 7 surface mount
03-04-19, 08:49 AM (This post was last modified: 03-04-19 01:27 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Replace A77 with Axiom 7 surface mount
Hello,

I have a surface mounted A77 that I want to replace with a Axiom 7 I have, will I need any conversion plates or is it a simple out and in job.

The boat also has a P79 Transducer, can I rig this up to the Axiom too?

Thanks in advance!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-04-19, 02:23 PM
RE: [CA11] Replace A77 with Axiom 7 surface mount
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum gsygizmo89,

While the Axiom 7's width dimension is very close to that of the a7x MFDs, the Axiom 7's height dimension is less than that of the a7x MFD. Unfortunately, Raymarine does not offer an adapter plate to support replacing an a7x MFD with an Axiom 7 MFD. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing options when no mounting plate adapter is available. The currently installed Power Cable will need to be replaced with the Power/NMEA 2000 Cable supplied with the Axiom MFD. The currently installed SeaTalkng Cable (if any) will be unplugged from the a7x MFD, fitted with an A06082 SeaTalkng (M) to RayNet (F) Adapter, and then mated to the NMEA 2000 plug of the Axiom MFD's Power/NMEA 2000 Cable. Any Ethernet Network (RayNet / Digital Radar Cable) which is presently interfaced to the a7x MFD will simply be unplugged from the a7x MFD and then plugged into the Axiom MFD's Ethernet Network (RayNet) socket.

Axiom MFDs do not feature internal fishfinder circuitry, while Axiom 7 DV and Axiom RV MFDs both feature internal fishfinder circuitry. Axiom 7 DV MFDs may either be adapted to be mated to the P79 transducer which is presently interfaced to the a77 MFD. Alternatively, Axiom DV MFDs may be fitted with a Y-Cable permitting the Axiom 7 DV MFD to be simultaneously interfaced to a DownVision transducer and to the P79 transducer which is presently interfaced to the a77 MFD. Similarly, Axiom RV MFDs may either be adapted to be mated to the P79 transducer which is presently interfaced to the a77 MFD. Alternatively, Axiom RV MFDs may be fitted with a Y-Cable permitting the Axiom RV MFD to be simultaneously interfaced to a DownVision transducer and to the P79 transducer which is presently interfaced to the a77 MFD.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply