Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Transducer Selection for aSeries MFD
03-07-19, 11:12 AM (This post was last modified: 03-07-19 12:28 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Transducer Selection for aSeries MFD
I've recently purchased an a128 MFD and I'd like to purchase a transducer(s) for the Downvision and Chirp Sonar functions. However, I'm a bit confused with the requirements, given the range of transducers.

Do I need to purchase a separate transducer for the Downvision feature - and a second transducer for the Chirp Sonar feature? Or will one of the listed transducers work for both of these sonar features?

There are two Downvision transom mount transducers listed and one Chirp sonar transducer. I don't understand the difference between these transducers and what I would need for the MFD to function.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-07-19, 01:42 PM
RE: [CA11] Transducer Selection for aSeries MFD
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum gcunniff,

The transducer socket of Raymarine's ax8 and eSx8 MFDs will only support having a single transducer interfaced to the MFD's TRANSDUCER socket. One may either elect to interfaced DownVision transducer or a CPT-S transducer to the MFD's TRANSDUCER socket. Interfacing a DownVision transducer (transom mounted or thru-hull) will permit the MFD's Fishfinder application to support both DownVision and low power, high frequency CHIRP conical sonar imaging. Interfacing a CPT-S transducer will permit the MFD's Fishfinder application to only support low power, high frequency CHIRP conical sonar imaging.
03-08-19, 07:49 AM (This post was last modified: 03-08-19 09:08 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks Chuck! Looking at these transducers more closely, I now understand that the CPT-100 has been replaced by the CPT-100 DVS. So that looks like the transducer I would use.
03-08-19, 09:12 AM
gcunniff,

You're welcome and you are correct.