Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] New Axiom Install
05-22-20, 10:58 AM
RE: [CA11] New Axiom Install
Chris,
Thank you for getting back to me.
I don't quite understand the answer to Question #1. The converter had a molded Seatalk connector that daisy-chained through the ST701+ to the ST60 instruments. do I cut off the molded ends and splice the wires together?
Also, Chuck instructed me to set up a second bus as follows:

"A1. Negative. I am suggesting that you will need to create two SeaTalk busses, one for the control head and remote. The other will be for the instruments and connection to the ST-ST1 Converter.
----- SeaTalk bus 1: ST7001<->ST600R<->Course Computer ST Port #1 (connect all leads of SeaTalk cable to course computer)
----- SeaTalk bus 2: ST-STng Converter<->ST60<->ST60<->ST60<->Course Computer ST Port #2 (connect only yellow and shield leads of SeaTalk cable to course computer)"
This apparently kept the NG system for being feed from two sources
I'm not sure how to handle it since the new course computer seems to have only one buss.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-22-20, 11:13 AM
Chris,
Attached is the current cabling and layout of the system
06-02-20, 09:25 AM
Hi TJ,

How many Seatalk items will be left in the installation?

Chris,
06-09-20, 01:37 PM
After the install, there will only be 4 seatalk units left. 1 each ST 60 Wind, Depth, Speed in the cockpit and 1 ST60 multi below in the Master
06-11-20, 02:06 PM
Hello TJ Champion,

The STNG converter can power up to 5 Seatalk devices such as ST60 instruments. With adding the converter the 4 ST60 instruments will connect directly to the converter and they will not have to be powered separately.

Chris,
06-11-20, 03:59 PM
Chris,
As I am sure often happens, if people would just do a little leg work, they would not need to bother people. I do believe that the answer to my previous question is to get a D244 3way adaptor, which is readily available from multiple sources online and is being delivered on Saturday.
TJ