Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Claiming Free Charts
05-05-16, 11:06 AM
Claiming Free Charts
I was reading the thread titled "Claiming free charts for Voyage Planner; software for reading charts sold separately" and attempted to click on the link for qualifying MFDs "https://voyage.raymarine.com/readytonavigate" which is reporting that this promotion has expired and is no longer available.

I have a question along this line - I own 3 MFDs (a125, a78 and a78) and I also purchased the Raymarine Voyage Planner on April 5th 2016. What do I qualify for in the form of free maps to download (MFD/Voyage Planner) if any and how do I access them. I do own Navionics Platinum Plus charts but they were not purchased through Raymarine.

When I login to the Chart Store it shows that I have no products when I click on the "My Products" link.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-05-16, 02:10 PM (This post was last modified: 05-05-16 03:56 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Claiming Free Charts
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Jeff,

The promotion which you have referred to was to address customers of MFDs which had either been preloaded with Navionics Silver cartography (i.e. A-Series Classic MFDs, C-Series Widescreen MFDs, and E-Series Widescreen MFDs) or had been bundled with a Navionics Silver Chart card (ex. label specifies MSD/91S/RYM, where 91S indicates region 91 Silver and RYM indicates Raymarine). At approximately 30-day intervals the VoyageXchange web site was provided with a list of the serial numbers all MFDs sold within the prior 30-day period which would have included Navionics silver cartography, permitting Voyage Planner customers of MFDs having the same registered serial nubmers to then download these Navionics Silver charts into the Voyage Planner software via commands issued via the Voyage Planner software itself.

Approximate 1-1/2 years ago, Raymarine replaced the Navionics Silver chart card with Navionics+ chart cards (ex. label specifies MSD/NEB) within Raymarine MFDs bundled with a Navionics+ chart card which has been pre-populated with US and Canadian coastal and lake nautical charts. The label of these Navionics Nav+ chart cards additional specify "Raymarine Navionics+ Bundle". The cartography stored on these chart cards should be installed directly from the chart card into Voyage Planner. Similarly, cartography stored on separately purchased Navionics Platinum Plus, Gold, Navionics+, and Update cards may be installed directly from the chart card into Voyage Planner ... i.e. no Navionics cartography would or need be downloaded/installed from the VoyageXchange web site.

References to the aforementioned program are being stricken from Raymarine's website as we speak to avoid any further confusion on this subject.
05-05-16, 02:35 PM
Chuck - thank you very much for the clarification. Just to make sure I understand your response; I can take the chart card from my MFD's (Raymarine and or my Navionics Platinum +), plug into my laptop/PC and download the charts for use with the Voyage Planner. When I return the micro SD card to the MFDs I assume that that the charts will continue to work on my laptop/PC without the micro SD card installed - correct?

Thanks again!
05-05-16, 02:42 PM
Jeff,

Q1. I can take the chart card from my MFD's (Raymarine and or my Navionics Platinum +), plug into my laptop/PC and download the charts for use with the Voyage Planner.
A1. This will most definitely be the case for your Platinum Plus chart card(s) and will also be the case if the chart card(s) bundled with your MFD is a Navionic+ chart card(s).

Q2. When I return the micro SD card to the MFDs I assume that that the charts will continue to work on my laptop/PC without the micro SD card installed - correct?
A2. Correct.
05-05-16, 03:18 PM (This post was last modified: 05-05-16 04:04 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Many thanks again

Regards,

Jeff
05-06-16, 07:23 AM
You're welcome.