Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Integrating A70 Plotter and AP ST 4000 +
03-14-19, 07:07 AM (This post was last modified: 03-14-19 10:18 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Integrating A70 Plotter and AP ST 4000 +
I have been trying to get my A70 plotter to recognise the ST 4000 + Autopilot.

I originally tried running NMEA 183 IN/OUT from the A70 to an ST 60 Multi that is connected to ST1 backbone and I had no luck.

I then tried NMEA 183 from the A70 to the NMEA IN port on the ST 4000 + and no luck.

The manual says if I connect more than 1 NMEA device I need a Seatalk – NMEA 183 converter.

As Raymarine no longer make one I could use an Actisense product.

I am unsure but where I would install it and how I should wire it.

I have not shown it on my very basic diagram but I do have a spare ST1 plug on the ST 60 Multi.

I hope my diagram makes sense and currently power is supplied through the ST 4000+ and am also wondering if I need to supply more power to the backbone ?

I look forward to any suggestions

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

.pdf  wiring 1.pdf (Size: 93.47 KB / Downloads: 165)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-14-19, 10:31 AM
RE: [CA11] Integrating A70 Plotter and AP ST 4000 +
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum shero2,

The MFD's Autopilot transducer status icon will only reflect the connection status of a Raymarine autopilot which has been interfaced via SeaTalk or SeaTalkng to the MFD. Additionally, wiring shown within your diagram will likely result in a data loop. The correct method of interfacing the MFD ST60 instruments, i40 instruments, and a ST4000+ autopilot are detailed within the FAQ found here. In this case, it would be recommended that the NMEA 0183 connections between the MFD and the other Raymarine products be disconnected. The ST60 Multi would be connected to the SeaTalk (yellow) socket of the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter. Finally, and indicated within the referenced FAQ, the SeaTalk Cable which is presently connecting the ST4000+ to the D244 SeaTalk Junction Block will need to be cut and then spliced back together, leaving the cable's red leads unspliced. Instead, the cable's red leads will simply be insulated to prevent shorting.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply