Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Fuel readings for individual engines / tanks
03-10-19, 03:30 PM (This post was last modified: 03-11-19 12:44 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Fuel readings for individual engines / tanks
Background:

Using a dedicated A68, set up 2 x 300hp Suzuki engine interfaces using a N2K network. All works great, got all the engine data I need.

Using the Raymarine Fuel manager, it only asks for total fuel capacity. In the DATA screen and under FUEL, when customising, you can select Fuel remaining Tank 1 and Tank 2.

Can you use these fields with an engine interface, or are these designed for fuel tank sensors / senders?

How do I set initial capacity and assign, for example Tank 1 to Port Engine?

As they will only show % remaining, I think they may only be for senders, but thought I would check.

Cheers Adam
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-11-19, 12:57 PM (This post was last modified: 03-11-19 12:58 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Fuel readings for individual engines / tanks
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Adam,

Q1. Can you use these fields with an engine interface, or are these designed for fuel tank sensors / senders?
A1. As you have suggested the tank level data items are exclusively intended to be populated from data received from NMEA 2000 fluid level sensors. The LightHouse II/3 Fuel Manager feature will only populate the Est. Fuel Remaining, Fuel Flow Total, Economy, Distance To Empty, Time to Empty, Fuel Used (Trip), and Fuel Used (Season) data items.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply