Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom 3.8.105 Update Fail
03-21-19, 03:40 PM (This post was last modified: 03-25-19 10:33 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Axiom 3.8.105 Update Fail
I attempted to upgrade from LHIII 3.8.97 to LHIII 3.8.105, via direct download to the unit, but it failed twice.

As the unit tried to load the firmware, there was obviously a problem with either the downloaded file or where it was saved/loaded from. I was presented a screen that read as follows...

Top in Yellow read the following

Raymarine Recovery
Left power swipe cycles highlights
Right power swipe activates

Then the following in cyan...

Reboot system now
Apply Update from Primary SD Card Slot
Reboot to Bootloader
Wipe Data/factory reset
Wipe Cache partition
Power Off

It would be nice to be able to save a copy of the downloaded file locally if this is not being done. I assume it is not as the process does not allow a file location to be specified.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-21-19, 03:53 PM (This post was last modified: 03-25-19 10:33 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Axiom 3.8.105 Update Fail
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum dtfeld,

The reported issue will occur if the microSD memory card within an Axiom MFD's (not applicable to Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFD) memory card reader has insufficient unused memory to accommodate the software update. It is recommended that microSD memory card having at least 4GB of unused memory be present within an Axiom MFD's memory card reader when performing updates via Wi-Fi.
03-21-19, 07:21 PM (This post was last modified: 03-25-19 10:34 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I have 3 mSD cards attached, all 8GB. One in the back of the unit, and 2 in an attached card reader.

However, I have no idea which one is which. Which card is the primary card, ie the one I need to keep "clean" for upgrades?
03-25-19, 10:54 AM
dtfeld,

One of the easiest ways to determine whether a microSD memory card contains chart content can be achieved by
1) ejecting all but one chart card from the system's memory card readers
2) open a full screen page featuring the Chart application
3) view the available cartography options (MENU->SETTINGS->CARTOGRAPHY). Should the currently inserted microSD memory card feature cartography, then the displayed Cartography list will include detailed information concerning the chart (ex.. geographic area of coverage) in the field to the right of the C-Map, Navionics, or LightHouse Chart icon. Should no detailed information be displayed and the microSD memory card be within that MFD's memory card reader that that of a remote reader which has been interfaced to the MFD's USB port, then one may assume that the microSD memory card contains no chart data.
5) Make note of the microSD memory card's contents
6) eject the microSD memory card from the MFD's memory card reader (HOME->MY DATA->EJECT SD CARD)
7) insert one of the untested microSD memory cards into the MFD's memory card reader
8) repeat steps 2-8 until all microSD memory cards have been tested.

When updating the MFD's software, it is recommended that any chart cards within the MFD's memory card readers be ejected to avoid any potential confusion regarding which microSD memory card will be used for updates.

NOTE: Charts are shared within a network of compatible MFDs. Should the system feature more than one instance of the same chart card (ex. Navionics+ chart card, LightHouse NOAA - Vector East/West US, etc.), then duplicate chart cards may be removed from the system.